• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many time have you dropped your NC and how ?

How many times have you dropped your NC ?

• 0 times

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • 1-5 times

Votes: 47 60.3%
  • 6-10 times

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 11+ times

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
1b3494bf39ad8c874184985e6ada2b78.jpg

I have had 4 tip overs. 3 were on pretty rough roads like the above (and it seems she always falls downhill[emoji26] ), usually while trying to turn around because things were getting a little too rough.
The other was in a parking lot practicing low speed maneuvers. I stalled mid-u-turn and tipped over.

The worst damage from any of those was a dent in the muffler, and some scratches on the handguards.

I have never been able to let it sit while I take a picture.
Son plowed on soft shoulder today and fell. Pinned his leg. I am glad I was there. No pictures.

It does very well, especially if you add hanguards. When she naps she is held up by the foot peg, handguard, and the front wheel. No plastics touch the ground.

Dropped it a few time, mostly on surfaces that weren't as hard as I thought they were. Only two that matter to me. One was parking on gravel and either it sink or the kickstand wasn't down all the way. End result was bike went past the point of no return and I found myself doing the one legged hop to slow the fall/keep myself out from unde the bike... Worked well till my ligaments in my knee decided it didn't like that. Tore some crap in there, the bike just laughed at me.

The other was I was sitting on the bike while the woman was yapping on her phone. I guess I had my weight to far the wrong way and the bike decided to fall right in front of her. Another slow fall but it freaked her out some, I just laughed and picked the bike back up.

First drop today. My son was learning to drive and fell to his side at very low speed. He's alright (more of the pride that took a blow) and she has a little scuff on one of the saddle cases, mirror and muffler.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5 times, all the weekend before last. The first time was in foot deep silt on the way out to Toroweap overlook at the Grand Canyon; I'd made it through several silt beds before that but the last one was deep.

The other four were the very next day:

mudbike.jpg

5 times, all the weekend before last. The first time was in foot deep silt on the way out to Toroweap overlook at the Grand Canyon; I'd made it through several silt beds before that but the last one was deep.

The other four were the very next day:

View attachment 27016

These are the drops that are OK and don't hurt the soul.

It's awesome that you went to Toroweap!
I was at the north Rim in June but Toroweap was not in the cards that time.
Hope to go there or Crazy Jug Point (or both) next time.
Was it worth the trip?

It's awesome that you went to Toroweap!
I was at the north Rim in June but Toroweap was not in the cards that time.
Hope to go there or Crazy Jug Point (or both) next time.
Was it worth the trip?

I've gone every year for the last 5 or so. I go with a bunch of San Diego friends that are on plated dirt bikes riding from Mesquite, NV. We stay at the Bar 10 ranch, lots of fun. This year I rode down from Denver and had a spectacular couple days of riding through the Rockies and out to the ranch.

As other people have found the suspension is just not up to the task of hard dirt riding. The last couple miles out to Toroweap are pretty rough rock steps (the skid plate took a beating) but the payoff is really worthwhile.

toroweap.jpg

3 times ugh! All when I have been stopped. First time was when bike was new to me & thought I had engaged the kickstand all the way, check down and it looked completely engaged & then when I was getting off it folded up & over I went. 2nd time was when I misjudged the road camber - plonk over it went. 3rd time was at a very busy gas station off kilter uneven surface & was trying to maneuvre the bike because of an inpatient jerk wanting the air pump and the bike being on the tall side loss of footing & over it went. Always embarrassed then having to try and lift the sucker up when your 5'3" is a challenge unto itself. So now I give the kickstand a little extra nudge and I am very picky where I park now. Going to get the suspension lowered to make it easier, no more tippy toeing.

Fell over yesterday on my neighbors wood lot. Bike parked, kickstand down, swung my leg over to pull up the kickstand and discovered a leaf filled hole on the right side. Found myself lying on the ground laughing with my neighbor joining in. When I mentioned I was going to sue him he stopped laughing and said it never happened. I'm okay with that :)

My NC has been dropped twice. The first time, some drunk asshat decided that he wanted it more than I did and tried to steel it. In his drunken state, he dropped it and bent my bars pretty bad.
The second was only a month or so ago. I was riding some single track and high centered the bike on a rock on the skid plate. It was a slow drop that I pretty much stepped off of. No damage, just a bruised ego.

Back