• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many miles in 2012?

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How many miles did you ride this year? I write down the starting mileage on January 1st each year to enter in a mileage tracker on another motorcycle forum and I just totaled my numbers to 24,783 miles. I don't commute or use my bikes for work so these are all recreational miles.

I got my NC700X on July 25th and will end this year with 9091 miles on the odometer. My ST1300 logged 12,875 and I rode the Elite 80 740 miles. I might ride the Elite to the grocery store later today so it might get 6 more miles on it for the year. I sold my BMW R100 to buy the NC700X and it logged 2077 before I sold it.

Last edited:
I don't know how many miles in total but by tomorrow I will have done 13000 since march on my NC so thats 1300 a month on average so say another 2 months on the Deauville will bring it up to 15600 then there is whatever I have done on my Crossrunner

I would seriously like a Crosstourer for the motor if nothing else. I read a review and saw where the hp and torque numbers of the V4 are just about those of the V4 in my ST. I love surfing waves of torque on little country roads.

I would seriously like a Crosstourer for the motor if nothing else. I read a review and saw where the hp and torque numbers of the V4 are just about those of the V4 in my ST. I love surfing waves of torque on little country roads.

I too would love a crosstour especially as I enjoyed the motor so much in my VFR1200 DCT. Sadly the Crosstour seat is far too high for my little legs and anyway I'm happy with my Crossrunner which I'm planning to use for a third summer. This is a long time for me to keep a leisure bike :)

NC700X DCT 618 miles.
Honda PCX 125cc scooter: 5886 miles

The PCX will be Demoted from primary ride to grocery getter. I got my NC very late, and was cold out already time October came. It's waiting the 600mile oil change. I'll be doing that soon.

Since I got my Honda NC700X in the middle of November 2012 I will have over 630 miles when the clock strikes 2013 at midnight tonight. Here to doing 6,000 miles a year in 2013. I use my bike everyday and I only drive 1.8 miles to work... :cool:

Since early October, Sylvia has 1120 miles. It's snowing right now here, so maybe a day or 2 before I get more. For the new year....

I got my NC in early October, so here is the tally
2012 NC700 = 1,372
1975 Norton Commando = 662
1967 Triumph Tiger = 330
2008 Goldwing = 10,447
Total on a motorcycle this year = 12,811

My bicycle is BIGGER than your bicycle....
My hedges are prettier than yours...
My grass is greener than yours...
blah blah blah....
:p

8000km of QUALITY Recreational riding. (RnR type of riding only)
I usually do under 4000km per year, to put things in perspective.
~Joe

Last edited:
In all honesty my NC only gets used for the practical riding. For my Quality riding I use the Crossrunner. No disrespect to the NC but personaly I find the Crossrunner more FUN!!! whilst the NC is more practical on an everyday basis due mainly to its lower running cost

My organ is BIGGER than your organ....
blah blah blah....

8000km of QUALITY riding. (RnR type of riding only)
I usually do under 4000km per year, to put things in perspective.
~Joe

I realy don't think that this thread was started as some sort of cintest but just because the poster was genuinely interested in what sort of mileages other members were doing. I for one am interested in this as it adds more to to peoples comments if you know what sort of rider they are and to what use they put their NC. Thats not say that the opinions of those who do less miles is any less valued

My bicycle is BIGGER than your bicycle....
blah blah blah....

My STATE is 10 times bigger than your COUNTRY! nyah nyah...:)

Triumph Sprint : 7400
NC700X : 2100
Suzuki GS300l : 150

I realy don't think that this thread was started as some sort of cintest but just because the poster was genuinely interested in what sort of mileages other members were doing. I for one am interested in this as it adds more to to peoples comments if you know what sort of rider they are and to what use they put their NC. Thats not say that the opinions of those who do less miles is any less valued

oh yes it is its a big cintest and I'm sticking to it so there
1poke.gif

LoL.....

well my sense of humour is BIGGER than yours....

Well, my dad can beat up your dad. :p

I put on about 7,000 miles on the CBR250 until died. and then, in the 2 months that I've owned the NCX, I put on another 1,500 miles. So 2012 totaled 8,500 miles.

Back