• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How long do you guys think it will live?

cyrano138

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering, especially from those with experience owning similar bikes, if it were really well driven and well taken care of, how many miles does everyone expect to put on this thing before sending it to the scrapyard? Never owned a motorcycle before. I know my last two Honda Civics lasted just over 200000 miles before I gave them away. I know bikes don't generally last as long as cars, but I could swear someone told me 50k is the rule for bikes, and that seems really low. Thanks in advance.

Jack

I had a Honda Interceptor with over 100,000 before I sold it. A well maintained bike can last a hell of a long time, I rode the Interceptor like I stole it most of the time but I keep it maintained and Honda's seem to last longer anyway, longest running bikes of any I have owned.

Not anymore, my last bike was over 62000 and it was like it was when new. It's a Honda, low reving, holds a bucket of oil.... I see this bike doing a ton of miles...

My previous 3 commuter bikes were all Honda Deauvilles 2x650 1x700. They were used all year round including the ravages of a UK winter with all the salt spread on the road. Due to the shifts that I work they didn't get washed as often as they should. No enthusiasam to wash bikes when you get home at 02:00 on a winters morning after a 12 hour shift and a 38 mile ride home. The bikes however were serviced every 4000 miles. Each covered between 70K & 80K miles before being traded with no major problems. The worsr problems I had were 1 silencer I set head bearings and 1 clutch cable needing replacing In view of this I see no reason why a well cared for NC should not exceed 100K easily

We had a Goldwing customer come in the shop who had over 500K miles on it. Honda actually bought it back from him. The way this bike is built and since it is a low revving engine that holds "a bucket of oil", I would say the sky is the limit. I had 60K on my ST1300 when I sold it and it was as tight as the day it rolled of the show room floor. 100K should be a walk in the park.

I think this bike could last several hundred thousand miles if properly maintained. I think you would be ready for a new model before you wear this one out.
My 85 GL1200 only has 77000 miles on it now and I still think everything but the plastics will go several hundred K more.
Maintenance is king for longevity.

Wow, great to hear that. Thanks again for the info, guys. I appreciate the accumulated experience on this forum that comes to bear on question from new owners, and first time cyclists like myself. :)

when i got my 1st service done at 600 miles i had a gold wing owner come in and ask me about the bike (they pulled it back out in front when they finished) and he told me he had a gold wing with "over a quarter of a million miles on it" and it still ran great. that's a lot of riding.

This is a trick question.
If ridden properly and maintained properly, I do not see any reason for ANY BIKE, to break down (exceptions are of course Ducati's made pre-1990s).
:p

Back