• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Happens When You Ask AI to Make the Perfect Motorcycle?

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
A Youtuber has asked an AI program to create a series of bikes, and the results are fascinating.

Before we get into the look of these two-wheeled figments of digital imagination, we first must ask:

What’s AI?​

AI – or “Artificial Intelligence” is a term used to describe programs surfacing that take over tasks typically considered only doable by humans (Oxford Learning says this includes things like “visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages”).

While handy, the programs are not intended for anything beyond what they were built for; just last month, MCGearHub asked ChatGPT about motorcycle safety and got a list of wrong info on gear regulations and more. ChatGPT gave McGearHub wrong answers because the platform is a language model AI – a ‘chatbot,’ if you will; As such, ChatGPT will always choose verbiage over the safest gear to wear.

Bikes I Like YouTube Paul. Media sourced from Youtube.
Bikes I Like YouTube Paul. Media sourced from Youtube.

“Bikes I Like” YouTube Paul. Media sourced from Youtube.

Fortunately, a YouTuber named Paul and his channel “Bikes I Like (BIL)” has chosen the perfect kind of AI to help him make motorcycles: It’s called “Midjourney,” and the program’s conversion of text to pictures has given Paul some surprisingly good concepts.

“Apparently, AI only likes naked bikes. It didn’t [initially] offer up one single-faired motorcycle,” muses Paul.

Paul asked Midjourney to design the perfect motorcycle, and here’s what Paul got:

The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.
The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

The results of Paul’s findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect motorcycle.’ Media sourced from Paul’s Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

“Notice that AI sort of knows how motorcycles are supposed to look but doesn’t quite understand how each component is properly connected; look closely at the exhaust systems, suspension, etc.,” adds Paul.

“I decided to make things a little more specific, and then asked AI to ‘design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle.’”

Apparently, that request hit bang-on because here’s what rewarded Paul’s efforts:

The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.
The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

The results of Paul’s findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle.’ Media sourced from Paul’s Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

Other requests Paul made of Midjourney included the following:

Asking Midjourney’s AI to “design the perfect Indian motorcycle“​

Note Midjourney’s A-OK capture of a generic Indian machine (for visuals, anyways – you’re going to have to ignore the slinky fin situation, per Paul’s findings):

The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Indian motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.
The results of Paul's findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Indian motorcycle.' Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

The results of Paul’s findings for the request to AI to ‘design the perfect Indian motorcycle.’ Media sourced from Paul’s Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

Asking Midjourney’s AI to make “the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle designed by H.R. Giger”​

This request, in particular, rendered some pretty crazy results. Giger’s “biomechanical” style worked really well with Paul’s Harley bike concepts, churning out something that leans just left of steampunk:

Click to view slideshow.
Of course, Paul’s next words might as well be prophetic in nature:

“You know, I do wonder if motorcycle manufacturers will tap into this resource, to get new ideas for upcoming models…that is, if they aren’t doing that already. What a valuable resource!”

One of Paul's favorite motorcycle concepts, generated by AI program Midjourney after being tasked to design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle designed by H.R.Giger. Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.
One of Paul's favorite motorcycle concepts, generated by AI program Midjourney after being tasked to design the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle designed by H.R.Giger. Media sourced from Paul's Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

One of Paul’s favorite motorcycle concepts, generated by AI program Midjourney after being tasked to design “the perfect Harley-Davidson motorcycle designed by H.R.Giger.” Media sourced from Paul’s Bike I Like channel on Youtube.

Be sure to head over to Youtube and support Paul’s content; while you’re there, we might as well ask: Do you think AI is going to affect designs for future motorcycles?

Do you think that’s a good or a bad thing?

*Media sourced from “Bikes I Like” on Youtube*​

The post What Happens When You Ask AI to Make the Perfect Motorcycle? appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back