• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how is falling down on nc750x?

K

kc2ine

Anybody here have done it already? I just wonder how safe the bike is
during the crash.

There have been a few posts about people crashing their NC7?0x on the forums, but even without looking at those I'm fairly confident in saying that the general consensus would be to not be involved in a collision.

Motorcycles in collisions are inherited in a bad situation... and provide little for "safety" from the bike, that's what AGATT is for.

Maybe you'll find some "safer" bikes when looking at 1 ton cruisers where the amount of metal around you and mass of the bike would help... but unless you find something with a roll cage and seat belt, you probably won't see much difference in "safety."

Unless you are strapped into a larger object (which takes longer to slow down because of more mass, has more space to absorb the impact, etc.) the object in motion that needs to come to a stop safely isn't the bike, it's you, and the gear strapped to your body.

There have been a few posts about people crashing their NC7?0x on the forums, but even without looking at those I'm fairly confident in saying that the general consensus would be to not be involved in a collision.

not talking about collisions here which leave little chance for a biker anyway but more about losing control on the curve or during breaking ect.
I guess we have to run away with our legs are we...

I've dropped my NC700x once at slow speed, no damage other than a little burr on a mirror and a bent shift lever, than bent back easily.

They're all dangerous. Your gear makes way more difference than the bike model.

I totaled mine. Was only doing about 25-30 mph and went in a ditch. You don't want to think about "how safe is my bike". It's not...
I flipped over mine and hyper-extended both knees (a little-not bad) and the right elbow. Got some scrapes and bruises. I was fortunate.

not talking about collisions here which leave little chance for a biker anyway but more about losing control on the curve or during breaking ect.
I guess we have to run away with our legs are we...

......Well, have you ever fallen off a bicycle?? It hurts. Now multiply that by your speed on any bike, add the momentum of the added weight of a motorcycle and the likelyhood that you are falling off your bike because of bad conditions, or another driver in a vehicle that drastically outwieghs you and might just run you over, and voila you have your answer....If that doesn't answer your question, put your helmet on, hop on your pedal bike, ride as fast as you can and throw yourself off of it...

I've dropped a bike just once, back in about 1980 - was doing a tight turn on my GS550 in a narrow road and bumped the kerb, after which we both gently lay down on the floor. Looked hilarious apparantly.

Now, today is Friday 13th, so I neded to take extra care when riding home this afternoon!

Anybody here have done it already? I just wonder how safe the bike is
during the crash.

I agree with the other folks here. The gear you wear is much more important than the bike. A crash on a 900 pound Goldwing could be just as bad on the NC if you're not wearing proper gear. I know from experience having crashed a 1985 Kawasaki 454 LTD. The bike went off the right side of the road and I hit the asphalt at 25-30 MPH face down. I landed on my left knee first followed by my outstretched palms hitting the pavement. My torso and then finally my faceshield smacked into the road where I slid about 30 feet before coming to a stop. I was extremely lucky I was wearing a full face helmet, heavy duty, FULL FINGERED, elk skin gloves, armored jacket and pants and calf high leather MC boots. I managed to get myself up and with help pull my bike out of the ditch it was in. I rode that bike with a twisted fork home 15 miles. All The Gear All The Time saved my bacon that day.

Last edited:
Run as fast as you can in an asphalt parking lot and dive onto the pavement. That would simulate at least one type of crash.

Falling off is falling off, whether it's a scooter or a touring bike. It's gonna hurt. The only time the bike model is a factor is if it fell on you or trapped you under it. In that regard the 700/750 is in the middle of the pack. Buying a bike based on crash safety never really crossed my mind.

My wife dropped hers on herself at zero speed. Seems that placing your body between the bike and the ground will prevent any damage...to the bike.

I think the amount of damage in a low/slow getoff is going to be determined by your attitude of "How expendable is the bike compared to body parts". I'll use a bike in ANY way possible as a cushion between me and ground/cars/objects.

Back