• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how DCT is doing at very low speeds?

W

wildeone

for some reasons I got interested in DCT for 2016 model and wonder how that system manage very low, walking speeds.
is it jerky? questions for DCT owners.
thanks

Very smooth I think. At very low speeds with there being no wind noise you can hear and feel it shift gears as you speed up. Once moving faster you can't even hardly tell it at all. I really like the DCT.

I use my DCT in very slow speeds a lot as I ride with the Patriot Guard. A lot of our riding is in formation in cemetaries, airports, parking lots, etc. I have never had any kind of problem.

I don't own a DCT but when I test rode them I was able to drive around a parking lot at 2 mph (3 kph). It was very smooth.

thanks for the clip, but this is faster then I was thinking about. This is jogging speed not walking :)
I am concerned about dead slow speeds.
No need to be concerned. It is not jerky, it feathers the clutch as good as the best rider can, never tires, never makes a mistake.

can you still burn the clutch? :)
I think you probably could if you abuse it long and hard enough. The DCT starting clutch is a wet bath multi-plate type as in a manual gearbox. Slip it long enough to overheat it and glaze the friction disks and it's ruined.

Walking Speed Vid

There's a little something extra at 1:24.

Always square the bars up before stopping if you touch only tiptoes.

There's a little something extra at 1:24.

Always square the bars up before stopping if you touch only tiptoes.

Thank you, I look and try to learn and remember what to pratice if/when I finally decide to buy me the NCX DCT.

Great videos, Dave.

May I ask how tall you are, and inseam length? And was that the stock seat?

Just trying to get an idea how manageable it might be for me.

Great videos, Dave.

May I ask how tall you are, and inseam length? And was that the stock seat?

Just trying to get an idea how manageable it might be for me.
I'm 5' 6" with a 29" inseam. The seat is Sargent and raised about 3/4" over stock height seat.

Back