• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How cold was you ride today!!

now that's some slushy precip! and in a ragtop too.. might call for some donuts...
coldest I've ridden the NC in was 36, and that made me realize i need better gear!
I keep thinking of going for a ride here in the Willamette Valley, because it's bright sunshine and dry pavement, until I see the thermometer and Oh Yeah its all the way up to 30! that's the warmest its been in 2 days! (uncharacteristically cold for this side of Oregon). maybe I'll stay right here in front of the computer for now.. ;-)

Found this shot of Sarge riding in Arkansas this morning.

1476535_10151922529227758_2141139556_n.jpg

I'm saving that photo. That's how I feel some days. Its starting to spit some more freezing rain tonight. I'm gonna be upset if I can't ride Monday.

Guess you have to get up then since it hasn't been -6 F in San Antonio since the last ice age. Coldest recorded since they started keeping records in 1886 is 0 F.

You are correct on San Antonio, have only seen snow accumulation twice since 68, but I have family in Montana and have been in -65 F chill factor weather and the days sometimes never get above -10 F at times in Bozeman. The -65 chill factor was in Butte MT, so cold the Mobile one oozed out of the dip stick on to manifold of an 94 Aerostar in 97, quickly discovered the value of cardboard blocking 3/4 of the radiator. Well I rode today and it was 32 - 36 and I only lasted about 20 miles on the NC700X (all I needed to go) but with LDComfort top and bottoms it was not so bad. I had just finished a 40 mile round trip on the Goldwing doing a motorcycle support gig for my son's auto club. I can see where the talk about foot and leg deflectors make a difference in leg comfort, as my legs were much warmer on the GoldWing at the same speeds. Still have to admire welld.geo for riding in -6 F , that is cold in an unheated car at 60 mph let alone an open bike.

Then move to Tampa! I don't want to jinx us but it seems Hurricanes have been passing us by for years now. BTW - 86 degrees in Tampa today and I would never want snow again. I was stationed in Germany.

Still did not make it to Modesto today it was 23 in the valley at 8:eek:oam, stayed home and watched football instead!!!

Last edited:
Dang yesterday was 4 degrees here and today is a toasty 8 degrees, Heat wave!!

But it is a lot better than my brother-in law, he has a record breaking, -27 degrees for his area.

That is Frozenzky

All last week and this morning it's been down to 24-26F in the mornings, around 6 am when I leave home (Kingston, WA). I've been ok so far with my Tourmaster gear and extra sweatshirt underneath but I think anything colder than this and I would start considering heated underlayment or something. Luckily the rain is coming back and temps are rising a bit.

Well, the thermometer read 40 degrees this morning, but I had to scrape frost off the seat. Turned on my heated jacket liner and was off. Kinda wished I'd pulled out the heated socks...maybe later this week.

29F this morning. Still a bit of ice on the roads in the Little Rock area but rode in anyway. Only had about three instances where the front wheel decided to slip a little. Just kinda let it do its thing without making any quick corrections and she pulled out if it fine. I had on bridge that was completely iced over so took it slow and easy. High today was 39F so a good portion of the ice is off the roads except for the bridges.

Dang Chuck I'm impressed. I thought about riding but I couldn't get to the road. Driveway and yard are still a solid sheet of ice. Almost busted my butt getting to the truck.

Dang Chuck I'm impressed. I thought about riding but I couldn't get to the road. Driveway and yard are still a solid sheet of ice. Almost busted my butt getting to the truck.

I bet Conway is worse. I heard you guys got hit harder. Supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow. Should melt a good part of it away.

I set a new personal record for low temp riding over the weekend:

2013coldride.jpg

You're right that this doesn't look like the dash on a NC700X. I don't have a powerlet outlet installed on the NC700 yet to power my heated liner and my FJR1300 has much better wind protection so it got chosen for this chilly ride. :eek:

The guy must be my neighbor. It has been in the low 80's here. I had to remove the thermal lining in my jacket a couple of days ago. My mistake was I put it in the frunk and failed to latch it. The next day, riding on the interstate, as I hit 75 the lid opened and the liner popped out and covered my helmet. I did get it off with my left hand but just as I thought I had it back in the frunk, it got away. Don't judge me. You try that on the interstate. It bounced of the car behind me's windshield and into the emergency lane. It was a long walk back but I got it. Oh well. It was a beautiful day in Tampa Bay and I got a nice breeze from the cars passing by.

Back