• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How cold was you ride today!!

mahbin

Reaction score
Visit site
Had to go to Oakdale today to pay my bike insurance, thermometer at the bank there said 28 degrees. Thought I was going to freeze before I got home. Had all my winter gear on and was still cold. I'm sure some of you people out East have it a lot worse but here in sunny California that is cold!!!

The temps the last few days have not been bad in Arkansas. We were in the 70s yesterday. The coldest I've ridden so far this winter was 23F. Monday night is supposed to get down to 4F. Tuesday 9F and Wednesday down to 15F. I have not made up my mind yet. I have heated gloves and the good suit but it is not heated. I'll make up my mind when I step outside that morning. 23F was fine. Not so sure about the sub teens.

On my last vblog, the temp was 38 degrees with a windchill below freezing on my NC. By the time I got back home, I was a Popsicle. The NC offers little wind protection with the stock windscreen.

The coldest ride on a motorcycle for me, was on my old CB750K at 5:30 am leaving work. The temp was 14 degrees, and I wasn't geared the way I should have been. I had a hell of a time getting my air cooled motor started, with 20w50 oil. The weatherman said it would not dip below freezing, but clear skies that morning said otherwise.

Coldest ride for me, was -28 degrees on a snowmobile.

8 Deg F with snow and ice covered roads this morning. The NC stayed home, today was a day for four wheels instead of two.

Couldn't ride today; storming and I don't ride in lightening and freezing rain/sleet/snow (which we are going to get in the next 2/3 days. arrghhh. I hate winter.

I am 4-wheeled the next couple days due to dubious precipitation predictions and freezing weather. I rode in at 28 or 29 the other day though and my FirstGear Thermal with a Freeze-Out liner and neck guard were perfectly adequate for the ride.

I confess, my enthusiasm for commuting in anything below minus 10C (14F) has diminished with age, lol

It was minus 6 at my place this morning and snow forecast for later. For me it's not really the cold, so much as the *when*. A bright sunny day at noon in minus 15 is doable and can be a great fun experience, but it somehow becomes so much suckier when it's pitch black at 6AM on the way to work.

My Samurai (little Suzuki 4X4 Jeep-like thing) doors, door locks, windows, and soft top zippers all freeze shut and refuse to open or work in temps right around minus 10, so if I had no time to fiddle with trying to get in to the damned thing, I had to use the bike. It's been sitting not running or insured for a few years now anyway, so *shrug* it's bike as a matter of neccessity.

Frost and black ice is the worst. Snow, actually not so bad until it gets compacted by cars into ice. With a few inches of snow on the street, I'm still far more worried about an idiot in a car hitting me, than I am of any kind of wipeout due to loss of traction or brake lock up on my part. I'll never understand in a million years, how I can easily ride to work on a motorbike, in the snow at minus 10, no ABS, (my CBR) with sport bike tires, yet I'm only scared to death of Mr./Mrs. Butthead in their car, sliding through intersections, going through red lights, blowing through stop signs, turning/lane changing with no signal or looking, and just generally creating havoc by being unable to control their cars, 4x4s, SUV's nice front wheel drive minivans, and expensive all wheel drive cars.

It was around 55 here for a change so I rode. (Commuted)

I usually ride in anything 30 degrees or above. I have
heated grips and rainproof gear which blocks the cold.
I usually feel very comfy in 30-35 degrees.

I am in the north east.

How about 63 in the am.by 5pm 35.that is the change i hate.either cold or hot but don't go up and down so much i hate it lol.

Back