• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

I got the spirit! I had to ride 30 miles in 30F (but beautiful)weather to get the tag. But yes, I cheated on the new tag. It won't happen again.
SIR YES SIR!

Ditto what MW said. Claiming the tag requires a newly acquired photo but the next tax you propose can be an older photo, if you wish, or a new one. You're an honest man, after all. No worries.

I've been called a lot worse than honest. Thanks Marc and 670.
Going to page one to read some rules now!

The only thing I see us doing consistently is posting the tag and then posting the next tag in another post. I'm not a legalist so that doesn't bother me..... Just pointing it out since I just read the rules.

Let's have fun with it!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to break the rules and put the next tag in a follow up post as I don't have an SD reader at work, so in the interim I have a potato quality phone picture of mine with a lighthouse.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a lighthouse near Portsmouth without going on a ferry?

Anyway Tag!

NWNDan (1 of 2).jpg

I did try to get closer, but the beach was bloody slippery and she nearly went down a couple of times so I decided discretion was the better part of valour and retreated to the safety of the pub carpark...

As for the follow up tag, I'd originally taken a nice picture of her next to Fort Purbrook with the tag of "Military Buildings older than 1860" but I figured that was a little biased against people from the colonies...

So instead we have... Places named after a head of State!

NWNDan (2 of 2).jpg

I should also add, both new photos - both taken in the correct order, I was late for work for you guys!

Last edited:
Exactly what grey1 said, I had a friend who had apparently knocked a cyclist off his bike with his work van. The only reason he didn't have to waste time arguing it in court is because his boss had recently fitted the vans with sat trackers (and he was 30 miles away working in a police station the whole day).

Plus I believe under British data protection laws id be required to do it to anybody else's plate anyway, so I just have my machine set to do it when I import them through photoshop.

Also, someone could claim a hit & run giving your plate number as the responsible party.
I'm sitting in a parking lot looking at 20 license plates right now. I have the description of the vehicles, too. How is that any different than seeing one in a photo on the Internet?

I'm sitting in a parking lot looking at 20 license plates right now. I have the description of the vehicles, too. How is that any different than seeing one in a photo on the Internet?

Those vehicles are actually where you're seeing them as are you, someone trolling through online pictures doesn't even have to leave the basement to file a claim. It's up to you whether it's worth the ten seconds it takes to blur the plate.

I've not got a hope of any tags now, the bike goes to the shipping company friday (I'm not home until the 26th March) and tomorrow i gotta clean, pack and secure it in the crate........feeling demotivated....:-(
i may have to post the last long goodbye pics of the crate lol!

Exactly what grey1 said, I had a friend who had apparently knocked a cyclist off his bike with his work van. The only reason he didn't have to waste time arguing it in court is because his boss had recently fitted the vans with sat trackers (and he was 30 miles away working in a police station the whole day).

Plus I believe under British data protection laws id be required to do it to anybody else's plate anyway, so I just have my machine set to do it when I import them through photoshop.

So, when you're our riding about you cover your plate up?

See your point, but it's taking it to the extreme.

It's just something I've always taken for granted, if you look on autotrader here they'll almost always have plates blurred too, and Google had to do it for street view too. It might be that car cloning is not that common out of the UK?

This is one of the more well known examples from a couple of years ago. Pixelating the plate manually is just draw a box and select blur in Lightroom, so it's not really that extreme...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2171345/1m-masterminds-Britains-biggest-stolen-car-cloning-racket-sold-60-vehicles-elaborate-scam.html

Old Can Ride - well played... Unfortunately my nearest Sears store is the other side of a fairly substantial water obstacle that my NC will likely fail to cross so I'm out of this one!

Last edited:
Luckily ticktocker, this is an international forum!
It makes for interesting tags. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't get them.

Old Tag: SEARS

SEARS.jpg

New Tag: Garden/Yard Stuff

Garden_Stuff.jpg

These are like 3000x2000 pictures, not sure why they are shrinking, maybe because they're in png format.

Old tag: garden stuff
577fc51f1a409b3338a716a9823d7b36.jpg
and to keep with the gardening theme here, for the new tag how about a flowering tree! Sorry east coast.
08d745f9855e9431ddc529dd05b206f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry east coast???????? That one eliminates much of the south too. Getting more ice n snow Wednesday in Arkansas.......grumble, grumble, grumble... freakin winter won't end.

Back