• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Olythom - i agree, this game gets me out looking! I can't think of any large animals nearby. There used to be a steakhouse with a big steer out front, but no more. I will keep looking.

I haven't been able to find one either, my new Wing coming in last week is limiting my time on the NC while breaking in the bike and my brain.

First DCT for me and 20 years of improvements to figure out. :p

New tag... A business that has some sort of large animal out front to attract attention. This huge bird/duck thing is parked out front at a place called Yard Birds in Chehalis, WA. It's sort of a shopping mall /swap meet /variety store /farmers market.
View attachment 35929

BTW... This little game of tag is really pretty cool. It gave me a great excuse to put 180 miles on the bike on roads that I have never seen before. I may have even found my "last" residence. When I finally retire for real, I may just be moving down near this little general store. It's beautiful country with lots of open space - close to mountains/rivers/hunting/fishing.

It's cool to see how often we go full circle!!

OP of this thread: How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

One of my previous entries over 3 years later: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/3476-how-about-game-nc-tag-its-lot-fun-120.html#post172756

Now do I take a ride back out to that spot for another pic?!! I think for the purpose of this thread I may need to look around and see if there's any more in the area, that's the whole point, right!

Pictured below is the mastodon of Mastodon Ridge in Stewiacke, NS. In 1991, fossilized mastodon bones were found in the area. The tourist-trap-rest-stop-area has a gift shop, farmer's market, distillery, mini-golf, as well as gas stations, fast food, etc. Mastodon Ridge if anyone is curious to know more.

IMG_20180424_1240073.jpg
IMG_20180424_1240150.jpg

Stewiacke also has the prestige of being approximately 16kms north of the 45th parallel, making it sit squarely halfway between the North Pole and the Equator, so for the next tag I'd like to see a town with some form of claim to fame. It can be a "first," a "biggest," an "oldest," or anything you find.

IMG_20180424_1242195.jpg

Too late but here it is anyway. And this guy is life size!

A business that has some sort of large animal out front to attract attention.

sasquatch.jpg

I should be able to find a tag like that on Route 66 today.
(Later)
Well, not between the state line and Tulsa! I know of two not far away in Kansas.

At any rate, here is a late big animal! A big ape at Kong’s corner.

8917508C-3DE3-45C2-BC25-0DDC3A186CD0.jpg

499D201C-5093-455B-9B9F-8ADBCC7C7F3A.jpg

Last edited:
Went for a 196 mile ride today after work looking for a really cool vehicle and a larger-then-life animal. I found a really cool old car in Ritzville Wa and a neat old Rail Caboose, hope those count! The ride netted me two pictures and a personal best of 74.14 MPG!! :{)
NC700x with old Model A in Ritzville.jpg
NC700x with old train caboose in Ritzville.jpg

Last edited:
Things are getting confusing here, but to clarify, I think the next tag still stands as,

“so for the next tag I'd like to see a town with some form of claim to fame. It can be a "first," a "biggest," an "oldest," or anything you find”. TheIronWarrior is the judge.

Last edited:
How about the little logging town of "Historic Harrison Idaho"...!!?? Just south of me about 50 miles is a neat little Historic town, Harrison Idaho. It used to be a major Shipping/Freight hub in the late 1800's. It was well known for it's Steam Ships that used to all dock there and deliver Freight/Goods/Passengers well into the 1900's. Millions and Millions of board feet of logs waited at the rivers mouth to be hauled up the lake from the mouth of the river there at Harrison to the lumber mills.

Well today i took a ride down there to specifically get some PIE/Ice Cream from a neat little Fountain shop. Upon arrival i found that they were still seasonally closed until May 5th, Ratz! Oh well, enjoyed an ice cold Arizona Tea and rode home. It was a 99 mile round trip, i topped the bike off and found that i had gotten a new personal best of 86 MPG!! So next week i'll have to return after they are open for the season and enjoy the fresh, deep dish, home made PIE!! :{)
NC700x with Harrison trading post 86mpg.jpg

NC700x with Harrison township sign 86mpg.jpg

So if All'yall will allow this to qualify... May i suggest the next TAG would be to grab a picture of you or your bike at the Cabela's or Bass Pro!! :{)

Last edited:
Rapture, I can’t judge whether your picture qualifies for the tag, but if it did, the rules (see post #1) require you to provide an example for the next tag. That means you would need to post a picture of your bike at Cabela’s or Bass Pro, not merely suggest it as a tag. That picture can be an older archive picture or a current one, and would have to show the NC motorcycle, or a portion of it, along with the tag item. However, to win the tag, the picture must be a current one, not pulled from archives. That’s what encourages folks to get out and ride.

Last edited:
Rapturee in my opinion your Trading Post qualifies. Next time you’re out get a picture of your bike in front of Bass Pro and post it as the new tag. You may want to call it a Sporting Goods Store or Tackle Shop as some players may not have a Bass Pro store within riding distance, for example the closest one to me is in Niagra Falls two hours away. Welcome to the game.

Last edited:
Ok... thank y'all for the rule reminders and kindness shown to the NooB!

Here is a teaser...since it was right across the freeway from my Challenge i had to get it as well. :{)
Tag at Buck knives.jpg

I rode all morning(12 miles round trip lol) in the rain(ok it was a light drizzle) to get this just because i got called out, hahahah!! And rightly so, thanks again! SO, here is the Challenge to All'yall....Find some sort of "Super" Sporting Goods Store. TAG! :{)
Tag at Cabelas.jpg

Too late, but here it is, “Galena, Kansas, oldest mining town in southeast Kansas.”
I could not get any closer without riding on a business’ grass.
Actually now that I think about it I could have parked behind it and walked around in front.
This was a lead and zinc mining area, though just to the north was a coal mining area.
These mines actually opened prior to the civil war when there were no settled areas here, and there was fighting to keep control over the mines.
E6492918-9DC3-4EA7-93DB-6E6C2FFCB85A.jpg

14BFFFC4-16DF-46F8-9119-E139CB1F321B.jpg

Back