• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda OEM Top Box, Trunk- Brake Lights

I am preparing to do the Panzuur mod to my Honda top case. I got my Roll of LED strip today. I would think that I should be able to temporarily power the strip to check for dead LEDs with my trickle charger. Any thoughts on this?

I remember seeing a photo somewhere in the forum showing the cutting of the strip. That particular strip had a dotted line showing where to cut. My roll does not have that but there are two elongated copper dashes so I suppose you would split the roll so that you would have a copper dot on each end of the individual sections. You would solder wires to connect to the brake and running light wires and jumpers to connect the four parallel strips in series. Wish me luck.

Yes, you should be able to cut the strips at the copper dots. Do they have + and - markings on there? I can't tell from the pic.

I've got my strips cut at the right places and now I need to jumper them together in series so that I can wind them back and forth till I have four strips running parallel to each other. Problem is finding a source of very thing gauge wire that has a lot of flexibility. I have a bit of left over microphone cable and I plan on pulling the three conductors out of it and using that. I can't see why that wire can't handle the little bit of wattage that's going to be involved.

I'm not an electronics or an electrician but my experience with electric guitars and audio recording and the occasional soldering job is what I base my decisions on.

Somebody stop me if I'm figuring wrong.

I used 22 guage stranded wire when I did my lights. It's challenging soldering to those things copper strips, but doable. I'm no professional.

Here's what I did with mine:

Well folks, it looks like this farkle is beyond my pay grade or in reality, beyond my skill level. My soldering skills and shaky hands worked against me. That and the tight fit behind the lense made me decide the juice wasn't worth the squeeze on this one.

I'll get some lights on the back but I'll find something prefabricated to help me.

I have successfully worked out a compromise with a couple of very inexpensive rectangular tail lights that I found on Amazon. I got it working last night with the light modulator and I'm satisfied with what I have at this stage. I may add more to give me a little increased visibility but I believe the flashing brake lights will give me a bit more attention when I am stopping.

EDIT:

Here's a link to the Amazon page. Tocas® Rectangle LED Stop Brake Motorcycle Tail Light for Harley Honda Suzuki Kawasaki - - Amazon.com

This light has brake and tail light (running) capabilities but I only used the brake light lead because the modulator took care of the running light for me by dimming it somehow.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I added neon yellow reflective tape below the Honda pseudo reflective strip and that worked well, I also added the custom dynamics night rider tail light to the end of my OEM rack under the box. The custom dynamics light sequences back and forth as a tail light, flashes four times at brake then solid and is nice and bright.
qygeza2y.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
do you any pictures of your bike?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Just finished putting LEDs in my honda top box and wired everything up. I couldn't stand having those clear panels in the box without it lighting up, and no one made anything that I liked. I'm happy with how it turned out. Yea I keep my bikes in the basement for the winter, keeps them warm and snugglie.

[video=youtube_share;z6_wIk47Rtw]http://youtu.be/z6_wIk47Rtw[/video]

This is fantastic!! I would love to have a kit like this for my Honda top case. Could you put together a kit for me? I would pay you of course.

I've done something similar to Panzuur. Used a brake lighter flasher unit I had on hand. Used eight sets of LED strip lights, four each side. Wired the top one to be on all the time, the bottom three come on with the brake light. Flash five times, then steady-on. Looks good. Doesn't look like a kludge. Works a treat. Not difficult to wire.
Found waterproof locking wire attachments on ebay. Three-wire connectors. Not a difficult wiring job at all. Go slowly. Pay attention. Follow the wiring diagram. Patience helps.

Finished

Led Lights on my NC700X Top BOX

[video=youtube;PfkhwMujkzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkhwMujkzo[/video]

Back