• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda OEM oil Filter part number

Ridealot

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know the genuine oil filter part number for the 2013 nc700x? Want to make sure i have the right one. Part guy at dealership was confused and had a hard time finding it on their computer yesterday. The one he gave me is Part #15410-MFJ-D01

Thanks

Anyone know the genuine oil filter part number for the 2013 nc700x? Want to make sure i have the right one. Part guy at dealership was confused and had a hard time finding it on their computer yesterday. The one he gave me is Part #15410-MFJ-D01

Thanks

2013 Honda NC700X AC OIL PAN / OIL PUMP | Babbitts Online

Maybe the confusion was the difference between: "filter set, oil" (15010-MCE-H51) which is an oil filter and the metal cap style filter removal tool package versus just a filter by itself: (15410-MFJ-D01) Or looking at an NC700XD fiche, which would show the second DCT clutch filter.

At first he came out with something that looked like this K&N Oil Filter KN-143 - RevZilla which I said that isn't it, he said, its an oil filter for the NC700x, flipped his computer screen around and showed me. I said, no that looks like it goes in the engine, the diagram showed it for the NC700x DCT. He looked again and searched some more before he finally came out with the one he gave me. I just want to make sure I put the right filter on

At first he came out with something that looked like this K&N Oil Filter KN-143 - RevZilla which I said that isn't it, he said, its an oil filter for the NC700x, flipped his computer screen around and showed me. I said, no that looks like it goes in the engine, the diagram showed it for the NC700x DCT. He looked again and searched some more before he finally came out with the one he gave me. I just want to make sure I put the right filter on

Aha! I figured that was probably the case. Ya gotta be on yer toes with that lot some times :eek:

Good for you for being proactive and sticking to your instincts! ;)

I use a Honda Civic filter on mine..... It will take any filter for the Goldwings too. They are very forgiving in the Honda family.

Somewhere on this site is the list of compatible oil filters for the Honda NC700x. There are all made basically the same (except K&N has the bolt built on-the internals are all basically the same). I don't see the need to pay more $$$ for the same filter.
Fram (I know some people despise Fram but since almost all of the filters have the same internal composition...and I have used Fram filters in all my vehicles for 40 years) PH6017A and the Ph6607 fit the bike. I use the Fram Ph6607 (less than $5 at Walmart) and have had 0 problems (23,000+ miles on the bike now).
Also the bosch DT3323 ($11+ at Walmart), ACDelco PF2135, Napa Gold 1358, PurolatorML16817, Walmart Superteck ST6607 (I have used these when the Fram's have been out).

Found the list on this site:
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/363-oil-filter-size.html

Since the main part number in Honda's Way is the first 5 digits if you ask for a part number 15410 oil filter you will be good. Nearly every Honda motorcycle takes a 15410. For a Honda or Acura car nearly all models in the last 15 years takes a 15400. The 15400 car filter fits motorcycles as well and meets Honda's specs for filter efficiency and bypass pressure. It's a little longer but same diameter.

All oil filters are not the same. Buy non OEM and you take your chances. Bypass valve pressures vary as does filter pass efficiency. Honda engineers apparently like a relatively low filter efficiency and relatively high oil pressures and spec this. The 15410 has a bypass pressure of 8-11 psi. What does the one at Wally World list for this? Some filters are 8-11, some 11-14, some 14-18 psi.

I buy Honda 15400-A01 car filters on line from H & A Honda for about $5 each.

Actually, , , the first five numbers identify the part, , , 15410 generally is a "Spin on/off" filter!! The next three numbers identify the Product & the last three (or more) numbers/letters identify updates, , colors, , etc!!

The filters used on the NC is indeed used on other products but it wouldn't be prudent to take the position that, , "Just because it fits, , it's OK"!!

The correct Honda Part number for filter, , Filter/Wrench, , &, , Drain Bolt Washer is:

Filter --- 15410-MFJ-D01
Filter & Wrench --- 15010-MCE-H51
Drain Bolt Washer --- 94109-12000

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

Since the main part number in Honda's Way is the first 5 digits if you ask for a part number 15410 oil filter you will be good. Nearly every Honda motorcycle takes a 15410. For a Honda or Acura car nearly all models in the last 15 years takes a 15400. The 15400 car filter fits motorcycles as well and meets Honda's specs for filter efficiency and bypass pressure. It's a little longer but same diameter.

All oil filters are not the same. Buy non OEM and you take your chances. Bypass valve pressures vary as does filter pass efficiency. Honda engineers apparently like a relatively low filter efficiency and relatively high oil pressures and spec this. The 15410 has a bypass pressure of 8-11 psi. What does the one at Wally World list for this? Some filters are 8-11, some 11-14, some 14-18 psi.

I buy Honda 15400-A01 car filters on line from H & A Honda for about $5 each.

Actually, , , the first five numbers identify the part, , , 15410 generally is a "Spin on/off" filter!! The next three numbers identify the Product & the last three (or more) numbers/letters identify updates, , colors, , etc!!

The filters used on the NC is indeed used on other products but it wouldn't be prudent to take the position that, , "Just because it fits, , it's OK"!!

The correct Honda Part number for filter, , Filter/Wrench, , &, , Drain Bolt Washer is:

Filter --- 15410-MFJ-D01
Filter & Wrench --- 15010-MCE-H51
Drain Bolt Washer --- 94109-12000

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.
Your homework "assignment" is to list all the Honda motorcycles that take the 15410-MFJ-D01.

The list is long and distinguished stretching back some 15 years, therefore all you have to do is ask for a 15410 filter as it is nearly universal.....and is universal for a spin on filter. The NC takes a spin on filter so there are no 15410-xxx filters that would not meet the filter requirement.

The MFJ means a 15410 is used across a wide range of motorcycles and Honda vehicle model code PC40 (MFJ) was the probably the first model to use it (CB600 from 1998??). Since oil filters are not colored coded the D01 refers a part revision or vendor code that does not change the universal part fitment. If the middle code is MGS the part is for the NC700X only as Honda's code for the NC700 is MGS.

I could correctly complete the Homework assignment, , , but it would be a waste of time!!

The "Product Code" in the part number I listed may not be the NC700X/D which strongly suggests it is used on other Honda Motorcycles!! If you look at the Parts lists, , , you will see many 15410 (Spin on) filters that are not listed as compatable with the NC700X/D!! An example is th 15410-MJO-405 which fits a lengthy list of motorcycles but does not list the NC700X/D!! Another is 15410-KF0-315 which is a filter for a long list of ATV's & doesn't include any motorcycles!!

If you called a dealer & asked them to send/sell you a 15410 oil filter I would guess they would respond with, , "What Motorcycle would you need that filter for"!!

Sooooo, , , there is a specific filter that fits the NC700X/D & that filter does fit a number of Honda Motorcycles, , , but that doesn't mean they will work properly on all!! They aren't that expensive, , , & I've listed the necessary numbers in my previous Message!!

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

P
Your homework "assignment" is to list all the Honda motorcycles that take the 15410-MFJ-D01.

The list is long and distinguished stretching back some 15 years, therefore all you have to do is ask for a 15410 filter as it is nearly universal.....and is universal for a spin on filter. The NC takes a spin on filter so there are no 15410-xxx filters that would not meet the filter requirement.

The MFJ means a 15410 is used across a wide range of motorcycles and Honda vehicle model code PC40 (MFJ) was the probably the first model to use it (CB600 from 1998??). Since oil filters are not colored coded the D01 refers a part revision or vendor code that does not change the universal part fitment. If the middle code is MGS the part is for the NC700X only as Honda's code for the NC700 is MGS.

Last edited:
I could correctly complete the Homework assignment, , , but it would be a waste of time!!

The "Product Code" in the part number I listed may not be the NC700X/D which strongly suggests it is used on other Honda Motorcycles!! If you look at the Parts lists, , , you will see many 15410 (Spin on) filters that are not listed as compatable with the NC700X/D!! An example is th 15410-MJO-405 which fits a lengthy list of motorcycles but does not list the NC700X/D!! Another is 15410-KF0-315 which is a filter for a long list of ATV's & doesn't include any motorcycles!!

If you called a dealer & asked them to send/sell you a 15410 oil filter I would guess they would respond with, , "What Motorcycle would you need that filter for"!!

Sooooo, , , there is a specific filter that fits the NC700X/D & that filter does fit a number of Honda Motorcycles, , , but that doesn't mean they will work properly on all!! They aren't that expensive, , , & I've listed the necessary numbers in my previous Message!!

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

P
Well yes, I agree with you put like that. If you didn't know what motorcycle or even what kind of vehicle you were buying a 15410 for then you could get the wrong one just by asking for a 15410. I'd assume the dealer would ask but you never know.

15410 is the portion of the number that says the part is an oil filter!! If the dealer didn't ask what bike it was for, , , & didn't know in advance you rode an NC700X/D then I would question the dealers ability!!

Anyone these days can go to a number of online sites, , , such as Bike Bandit & access the Honda Parts Catalog!! You can search by year/Model and get the correct part number to give to your local dealer!! The problem with the online sites is they won't inform the user of updated (Superseded) numbers!! If you simply tell them to give you any filter that starts with 15410 then you run the risk of getting a filter that May Not be the correct one for your bike!!

Use the numbers I provided & chances are you'll be just fine!! BTW, , , the Oil Filter Wrench works fine on my 03Civic, , my 2012 Ridgeline, , , my NC700, , my TRX350ES!! The filters for all those vehicles will NOT find their way to my NC though!! :)

Also, , , I always change out the Drain Plug Washers on all my Honda's when I change Oil & Filter!!

I included the numbers for the Filter, , the Filter/Wrench Kit & the Washer so everyone who reads the message will have some correct information!!

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

Well yes, I agree with you put like that. If you didn't know what motorcycle or even what kind of vehicle you were buying a 15410 for then you could get the wrong one just by asking for a 15410. I'd assume the dealer would ask but you never know.

Also, , , I always change out the Drain Plug Washers on all my Honda's when I change Oil & Filter!!

Careful there Alfred. I have drawn great criticism on this board for suggesting that very thing. Some, it seems, have saved enough money to retire early by reusing washers hundreds of times. Some go to the trouble of re-annealing them and I imagine that others take the old washers off when they trade bikes and use them on the new ones. Sensitive topic here.

I will be putting on my 10th oil filter this week. Have used Honda every time. Reason is I was told at a Honda convention by a Honda engineer that oil filters have different percentage ability as to filtering the engine's oil. I am not smart enough to know which other filters meet the percentage required by Honda engineers for the NC7.

But I am cheap! I would bet that there are many filters that do meet the engine percentage of filtering requirements. So, where is this oil filters percentage of filtering ability page?

Back