• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda OEM Handguards

Tazz34

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have the Honda OEM Handguards and do you like them? Do they attach ok to the DCT version?

They are pricey. Looks the same as the plastic ones on the CRF1000L ATwin and VFR1200X.
Highly disappointed with the plastic.
they are wind protectors at best.

Last edited:
[...Highly disappointed with the plastic. they are wind protectors at best...]

They never intended to take business from Bark Busters so why the beef?

No "beef", just grief.
If it came with the bike as std OE, I'd say "cr&p".
If I ordered one and saw the actual item, I'd say "What the ***k".

As with the NC, on the ATwin, there are OE worth buying and
others that just give you grief. YMMV:D

For the NC7 I used the Cycle Gear Trackside Aluminum Handguard Kit With Shields. A little bending on the concrete, but they went in perfect in 2012. Have dropped the NC7 way to many times to count on my fingers and toes with the Trackside always working perfect.

The Honda plastic hand guards that came with the AT were trash after my 1st 5 minutes of the bike chasing me down the hill. (Stupid parking brake!)

The Barkbuster Storm hand guards for the AT with the 1 1/4 to 7/8 inch mounting points way too close to the levers took all of 15 minutes for me to destroy. Have now figured out how you have to remove the front brake reseivor, so the Barkbuster Storm hand guards for the AT, fit in to work. Also, how the parking break switch has to be installed to work. But now the Barkbuster Storm works and what I was paying for "looks" great on the AT.

Bottom line is the cheaper Trackside unit worked as good,and looked as good as the rest, the 1st TRY!

Last edited:
They look good. And they do an excellent job of deflecting the airflow which my Acerbis ones did not do. I don't go off road so I don't care about strength
Mike

Yeah, Barkbusters ain't all that and a cup of joe. I have 'em on my NC, but better ones I've had have been Moose and Tusk ferinstance, and being a dualsport guy I see a lot of others that look well-designed and not as spendy.

I have Cycra Probends on my off road and road bikes. Super strong, saved broken levers more than once. Well made, not cheap. Ride safe.

I had the standard OEM ones fitted to my DCT when I brought the bike, so no problems with the DCT. However I changed them to the GIVI ones as the Honda ones don't offer that much protection from the elements.

I'm using Givi handguards that I bought off this list and they seem to deflect air better than the BarkBuster shells I had previously. They do contact my Madstad on full lock but it's not a problem since it only hits full lock when I'm moving my NC around the garage.

I didn't buy the entire Bark Buster apparatus, just the shells and made my own brackets since I wasn't planning to run into any trees on an AMA enduro! :)

Anybody have any experience with the Acerbis Dual Road Handguards? They just attach to the bar end weights with no additional attachment to the handlebar. They look easy enough to install.
I'm just looking for wind and rain protection. The GIVI HP1111 look to be another decent handguard for wind and rain protection.
Handguards, in general, seem to be a pain in the butt to deal with!

I have the Givi, fairly easy to install but with an aftermarket shield you have to adjust. I have the extended Honda and I had to cut a bit of plastic (from the handguard) on the right side.

I would not trust handguards fixed on just one side.

Back