• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Just announced their 2013 lineup

I knew I have seen this F6B Goldwing shape before... This may state my geekness. But a MMORPG I used to play in college - EvE Online

0_08042010114138erebus_1.jpg

vs

2013-honda-brings-changes-in-the-flagship-gold-wing-f6b-720p-1.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
First yes the NC700X is going to be around for at least another year the 12/13 model, the dealer said thats how they would be ordering them.

Also I was freaked out the Sunday because I saw something going down the road that I thought "Wow thats a weird looking mod of a Goldwing and told my father who was with me that I had never seen a Goldwing that looked like that one. It was red and had silver on it almost like the VFR but I noticed the Goldwing motor and the weird chopped windshield, I figured that maybe I had missed a model or something. I swear it was one of these F6B's rolling down the road is southwest FL. on Sunday afternoon. I don't know if it was a dealer with a demo model from japan or one of the motorcycle magazine writers that live in Fl. But now I know what the hell it was at least. (it was following a Goldwing Trike down the road)

rands.jpg

Totally bland colors. Nothing but black, white, or red all across the board on the new models. Oh sorry, there's a little blue on a decal on one of them. Meh.

Apparently Honda's conservative color choices reflect the economic mood of the times.

Greg

Nobody mentioned the wheel colors available - Black.

For some reason, manufacturers think everybody wants black wheels. Probably because for a short time it was "Trending" (God, I hate that word).

My Tiger was black with silver wheels and the Street Triple R comes with gold wheels. I for one think the NC700X would look a lot better with silver wheels. It was a pain to keep the rear wheel clean from chain fling, but it still looked way better in my opinion. Black wheels work on some bikes, but makes most of them butt ugly.

First yes the NC700X is going to be around for at least another year the 12/13 model, the dealer said thats how they would be ordering them.

Also I was freaked out the Sunday because I saw something going down the road that I thought "Wow thats a weird looking mod of a Goldwing and told my father who was with me that I had never seen a Goldwing that looked like that one. It was red and had silver on it almost like the VFR but I noticed the Goldwing motor and the weird chopped windshield, I figured that maybe I had missed a model or something. I swear it was one of these F6B's rolling down the road is southwest FL. on Sunday afternoon. I don't know if it was a dealer with a demo model from japan or one of the motorcycle magazine writers that live in Fl. But now I know what the hell it was at least. (it was following a Goldwing Trike down the road)

Did it look like this?

28hayden-gl.jpg

It's a Nicky Hayden replica moded by Honda Directline.

WGW

No what I saw, and of course being a absolute bike nut I look to see what every bike I pass is, looked just like the photo of the F6B but with the red that Honda has been using on the VFR, that sort of crimson red and then the area where the grills are were silver. It had the Honda emblem in the same place as the F6B photo and the rear saddle bags looked odd to me (the first thing that caught my eye) the shape was different, they didn't look like what I was used to seeing on a Wing. I'm pretty sure that it was this bike in a different color scheme. I wish I has got a photo, a lot of times I will try and catch a photo of a bike at a light if I think its cool or different, but because I was running my father to his doctor, I just pointed it out to him and then went on. Now I'm bummed out I didn't because I might have had a scoop and the ex-TV producer side of me is pissed off because I should have known to get that shot.

I am interested in learning more about the CB500X. I know it doesn't have the "Frunk", but if it is a normally tuned 499cc then it could offer similar power and Fuel Economy. Also it could offer another option for those interested in a middle ground from a 250cc to a larger bike. One of the reasons I like the NC is because of this. I can't wait to see what kind of storage accessories are going to be offered. :)

Having seen the CB500X yesterday made it a bit harder to write the check for the NC700X. I'm seeing a bit _more_ hp from the 500, and 50lbs less weight. Lacks an inch of suspension travel and 'frunk,' though, which are two of the things I had thought I was selling my CBR to get.

I do so wish this bike had ~15 more ponies. Oh dear, oh dear...
;)

Having seen the CB500X yesterday made it a bit harder to write the check for the NC700X. I'm seeing a bit _more_ hp from the 500, and 50lbs less weight. Lacks an inch of suspension travel and 'frunk,' though, which are two of the things I had thought I was selling my CBR to get.

I do so wish this bike had ~15 more ponies. Oh dear, oh dear...
;)
At last a high output version of the NC700X for all the folks that fault Honda for not providing us a version with more zip, a conventional hp curve, and doesn't bump the rev limiter just when it is getting "Fun" ............ except it is a conventional DOHC 500 cc twin like all the other parallel twins from Japan Inc.

The NC700X represents a motorcycle that is different and plows a different furrow from the conventional motorcycle. Not everyone understands that or wants it. Choice is good!

The size difference would matter to me, but I am a bit larger than the average feedlot cow. Pretty shoes in the wrong size are pretty painful.

Also, I think I would like the calm unhurried demeanor of the NC better than a frantic 500 kicking 10 grand on the tach. If you want 15 more horsepower, you might be unhappy with both of these, but especially the NC.

Maybe it was just one of the new 2012 wings?

View attachment 1582

WGW

It may have been but the rear box was missing and the windscreeen was defiantly modded out, the seat on the one I saw didn't have the driver "lazy boy" back rest, is that one of the zillion options they have for the wing or is the back rest standard? The paint is dead on, except the cover stuff under the engine was also red so I have to assume this is what I saw without the trunk and with a different windshield and maybe a different seat. I have never saw a Wing with these colors, but then again I have never hung out in that area of my dealer and the last Goldwing I rode was my buddys brand new bike as a loan so I could run to L.A. from San Digeo and back in '86

I dug up specs on the CB500X versus NC700X and learned the following. Both bikes are spec'd at 47 hp, 62 mpg and 41mm fork travel. The two major differences are 42 lbs less weight and 17 Nm less torque for the CB. Other than that, the CB has a more vertical engine with two intake monoblocs and the gas tank topside. Calling both a crossover is probably due to the potential for both off road and street, but that's a stretch in both cases. My Triumph Tiger 1050 was designated for off road riding too, but not with me in the saddle. I think of the crossover aspect as being more in line with the lower fuel tank and upper storage, making the NC more of a crossover from a scooter. Not the case with the CB.

Would I prefer the CB500X over the NC700X? No. I bought the NC for the lower tank position and storage box. I love those two features. The biggest sacrifice I made in choosing the NC was horsepower and the CB500 would be the same sacrifice. Even though it's down 42 pounds, it's also down 17 Nm torque, which might make it even more anemic than the NC. And don't forget tuning. The twin monobloc CB500 would require synchronizing the two cylinders, whereas the NC would not. I'm also certain the NC is easier to ride with its lower CG. Test riding both may not reveal that, because demos tanks are usually close to empty. However, the NC cylinders are angled down a lot closer to the ground.

Two things that might convince anyone else to go with the CB500X are the looks and a possibly lower price tag.

Last edited:
I thought the manual transmission NC700X models have 51+ hp and the DCT model has 47 to meet the new tiered license requirements in the UK. This has been published in numerous outlets. I did read somewhere in a Canadian 500 review that Honda claims about 62 mpg for the 500 and has claimed 64 EPA mpg for the 700. The suspension has less travel on the 500: 5.5" and 4.7" F & R vs. 6.0" and 5.9" on a 700x.

I thought the manual transmission NC700X models have 51+ hp and the DCT model has 47 to meet the new tiered license requirements in the UK. This has been published in numerous outlets. I did read somewhere in a Canadian 500 review that Honda claims about 62 mpg for the 500 and has claimed 64 EPA mpg for the 700. The suspension has less travel on the 500: 5.5" and 4.7" F & R vs. 6.0" and 5.9" on a 700x.

In Slovenia the manual transmission NC700X models have 47hp and DCT have 51hp. I have DCT model and for me it is not anemic.

In Slovenia the manual transmission NC700X models have 47hp and DCT have 51hp. I have DCT model and for me it is not anemic.

Anemic is a relative term here, comparing it to other twin cylinders roughly in its class.

BMW F650GS 800cc 71 hp.
The BMW F800GS 800cc 85 hp.
Kawasaki EN-6 650cc 72 hp (450 lbs wet).
Kawasaki Versus 650cc 64 hp.
Ducati Hypermotard 796 803cc 81 hp (368 lbs dry).
Ducati Hyperstrada 821cc 110hp (new long distance street tourer).
Suzuki 650 Gladius 649cc 67 hp.
Suzuki 650 VStrom 649cc 67 hp.

What I was really referring to was the fact that I traded in a 110hp bike for the NC700X. So for me to drop that much power had to have something that made it worth it. That happens to be the lower tank, forward storage and low cg engine layout. I agree, also, that for me the NC power is adequate. However, there are times when that extra power of the others listed above is a plus. Passing cars when you see oncoming up ahead is one of them.

It would be interesting to find 1/4 mile and 0-60 performance comparisons between the NC Manual and DCT.

Aprilia Mana 850 839cc 75 hp does the quarter mile in 13.6 sec. Pretty slow. Suzuki VStrom 650 67 hp in 13.2 sec. Kawasaki ER-6 72 hp in 12.7 sec. BMW F650GS 71 hp in 12.8 sec. Duc 796 81 hp in 12.4 sec.

The NC at 47 and 51 hp is substantially lower than the other guys. That's just the way it is. As I recall, my 60s model Triumph Bonneville was in the low 40 hp range and I was thrilled with the power at the time.

What I really would like to change on the NC, with respect to power, is to get rid of the "brick wall" rev limiter. I test road a new Kawasaki 650 that was even worse. Never experienced it on previous bikes and don't like it at all. Does that happen on the DCT too?

Last edited:
So I went by my dealer yesterday and was talking to the sales manager, just a general B.S. session, when I told him that I thought I had saw the F6B in red and silver going down the road and how on the forum there a member who put up a shot of the 2012 in the right color but that it had to be one hell of a modded out Wing, he said "Well You da...." he stopped in mid sentence, chuckled a strained little laugh and walked away from me with out another word. Later I couldn't get him to revisit the subject at all....So now whats up?

Cycleworld Honda NC700X Road Test Review- Specifications- Photos
list the NC700x as 0-60 4.9sec and 1/4 mile 13.86sec @94.23mph. A little slower than the Aprilia. Considering I'm not racing and that is in the range of a Camaro SS (0-60 4.8sec 1/4 13.1sec), I'm pretty happy with the performance.

It doesn't take much to have good performance numbers for motorcycles. The power to weight ratio is simply amazing. Below is the Nissan Z-370's numbers. the NCX is losing out on top end raw power, as show in the 1/4 mile speed. But I bet it roasted the Z off the line, up to 40 MPH, before the z starts to catch up

Nissan Z-370
0-60 MPH 4.9 sec QUARTER MILE 13.4 sec @ 105.2 mph

Back