• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Just announced their 2013 lineup

Has anyone else noticed that the NC700x no longer has a 2013 model year reference?

Does that mean that they are not bulding 2013s? If so, I would think that is the biggest news of the unveiling as far as this forum is concerned.

I'm a bit of a newbie, so I hope I am missing something. I'd like to see the NCX continued.

Yeah that seems a little inauspicious. Maybe they didn't sell well enough.

+1 on that. There isn't anything in that lineup that I'm interested in at all. Honda already has some great bikes they could have brought over (nc700s, cb1300 something). Honda really missed the mark to me for 2013

The CB1300 hardly sell in the UK these days do to huge price rise which makes too expensive for what it is. This is a shame as I was happy with both mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the CB11 at the bike show latwer in the month as I may consider buying one.Before anyone gets excited about me leaving this would be in place of my Crossrunner not my NC.
BTW The 2012 VFR 1200 look great in blue

Beemerphile, I should been a bit more specific, you are correct in that the CrossTourer is not like the NC700X with the fake tank, what I meant was it resembles the NC700X in styling

View attachment 1536

Spokes?!!?? OMiGee. Wow. Seems like the clock is being rolled-back a bit in some areas... the styling is catching on though :)

Wow, Honda made a GL1800 glide.

Hoping to entice new riders with a timely twist on a timeless standard, the 1800-cc, six-cylinder Gold Wing F6B is Honda's latest attempt to sell some Harley-Davidson heat to customers who might not be able to afford the pricier American classic. With hot-rod lines, a "gunslinger-style" seat, and a sales pitch that says it's "designed for serious riders," this battleship of a bike is priced at $19,999.

2013-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B_007.jpg13_GoldWingF6B_Deluxe_Red.jpg

Last edited:
I can see some people buying these, Harley looks with Honda reliability and all. Heck some of the owners may even ride it more than 20 miles.
If I were going for this style, I would probably pony up for this. CVO™ Road Glide® Custom | Motorcycle Touring | Harley-Davidson USA

But I can't see that happening though, because my body likes the standard riding position. I would probably be a shunned Harley rider because it would have the quietest pipes around.

Do they make quiet pipes for a Harley?

Last edited:
I can see some people buying these, Harley looks with Honda reliability and all. Heck some of the owners may even ride it more than 20 miles.
If I were going for this style, I would probably pony up for this. CVO™ Road Glide® Custom | Motorcycle Touring | Harley-Davidson USA

But I can't see that happening though, because my body likes the standard riding position. I would probably be a shunned Harley rider because it would have the quietest pipes around.

Supertrapp 2:1 Silent Series

Very good performance pipe and it's quiet so not only will you not
wake the dead but you won't catch the eye of Johnny Law and his noise
detection equipment.

These are one of the better performance pipes out there.

Thankfully, the F6B doesn't mimic a Harley, it offers an alternative. For cruiser buyers that think Harley-Davidsons are ugly and sound awful, the F6B gets you a high power cruiser in a smooth, quiet package without the all the chrome, shaking, and noise.

The Harley faithful that buy/bought a bike solely as the official ticket to the "Lifestyle" will scoff at it, but maybe someone else out there (not me) will buy it.

It looks like the replacement for the Valkyrie 1500, made at minimal expense by throwing a few different parts on an existing model.

Greg

Has anyone else noticed that the NC700x no longer has a 2013 model year reference?

Does that mean that they are not bulding 2013s? If so, I would think that is the biggest news of the unveiling as far as this forum is concerned.

I'm a bit of a newbie, so I hope I am missing something. I'd like to see the NCX continued.

I never noticed a 2013 reference. Perhaps a temporary mistake on the web site? They won't stop selling it now whether it is called a 2012 or a 2013.

This thread is a bit mislabeled. Honda does not announce an entire model year at once. They spread out their lineup announcements over several months. They are announcing 6 new bikes and that is all for now. Several weeks ago they announced in their typical fashion the models (such as dirt bikes, cruisers, scooters, quads) that are being carried over with "bold new graphics" and "new" colors with a new model here or there. In typical fashion somebody was convinced then to call it "THE" 2013 lineup announcement and it was not. In February they are putting a new larger NC bike into production that they haven't formally announced yet but is coming to North America first as announced in their previous company meeting in Japan. Hopefully they might still be holding back an announcement on the Integra.

I personally will reserve judgment until I see the new models in person. Pictures often do not do the bikes justice. When I saw the first pictures of the NCX, it left me with a "whatever" feeling. When I saw it in person, I knew I had to have one. I say, good for Honda to go a little radical and make a trunk-less Wing. While not for everyone, at least the design folks are keeping busy and giving the consumer more options.

WGW

IMO, I really like how Honda is re-aligning its bikes in the super sport and sport lines. It's keeping the 600RR and 1000RR for the racing series, while creating the 500R for great stepping stone for those who want to move up from the 250R but fear the 600RR. The sport line has a lot of great "mid-weights" that seem to disappeared in the past decade. I think the CBR500R will be a great seller for Honda, if priced well. Now we can end the Ninja300 discussion. :)

Oh and where did that CB500X come from? Hadn't heard anything on that at all. I wonder what kind of MPG it can deliver...

If you go searching on the Harley forums you'll find there's some BIG mileage Harley's out there. They aren't all 20 mile weekend warriors.

Do they make quiet pipes for a Harley? - Yes original equipment mufflers....:)

I liked the news on the 500cc models, but was disappointed to find they didn't continue the innovative technology they started with the NC700X in that line. One of the reasons owners like the NC700X is the tank storage area. To lose that on the 500, and to lose the low CoG you get by putting the gas tank down lower is disappointing. I was also hoping they'd offer the DCT, and they didn't. But it is a welcome start in the right direction to fill a void in the mid-sized motorcycle category.

The Goldwing is missing a few things IMHO to make it really complete. Like doors and two more wheels. Sorry, I just can't get thrilled with something that size with an engine larger than some of the cars I've owned...and gas mileage to match the cars. Likewise, the CB1100. It just doesn't thrill me to have a bike designed to do 140 mph (per the speedometer) when most of my riding is at best half of that, and often far less. And at 39 mpg from one review, it doesn't make sense to use it for commuting either. In the summer, I'd be sitting on a car engine complaining about the heat, and in the winter, I'd be wondering why I didn't take the car, because there's no protection from the cold wind or rain...and the car is just as economical. Yes, there's a market for those bikes, but not with me. :)

The Integra would've been a welcome addition to the 2013 lineup. But it looks like it'll be 2014...or later for that.

At least Honda is trying and not resting on its laurels.

Chris

I liked the news on the 500cc models, but was disappointed to find they didn't continue the innovative technology they started with the NC700X in that line. One of the reasons owners like the NC700X is the tank storage area. To lose that on the 500, and to lose the low CoG you get by putting the gas tank down lower is disappointing. I was also hoping they'd offer the DCT, and they didn't. But it is a welcome start in the right direction to fill a void in the mid-sized motorcycle category.

The Goldwing is missing a few things IMHO to make it really complete. Like doors and two more wheels. Sorry, I just can't get thrilled with something that size with an engine larger than some of the cars I've owned...and gas mileage to match the cars. Likewise, the CB1100. It just doesn't thrill me to have a bike designed to do 140 mph (per the speedometer) when most of my riding is at best half of that, and often far less. And at 39 mpg from one review, it doesn't make sense to use it for commuting either. In the summer, I'd be sitting on a car engine complaining about the heat, and in the winter, I'd be wondering why I didn't take the car, because there's no protection from the cold wind or rain...and the car is just as economical. Yes, there's a market for those bikes, but not with me. :)

The Integra would've been a welcome addition to the 2013 lineup. But it looks like it'll be 2014...or later for that.

At least Honda is trying and not resting on its laurels.

Chris

Have you ever ridden a Goldwing? I have left many riders in the dust, not because I could but because they can't. She is a big fat dirty girl, but still fun as hell. I will run my Wing for another 100k and then get another one.

I agree with Daboo. People like us (motorcycle pragmatists) see bikes primarily as transportation, but we're a rare breed and that makes us a poor excuse for a marketable demographic. Most people think of them as recreational vehicles and while Honda seems to be taking some steps towards pragmatic motorcycles, they are small steps. The majority of their lineup is still made for the other 99%. I know that's been said before many times, but I think it pays to keep it in mind as we're looking at the new lineup of Honda's American-available products.

I never noticed a 2013 reference. Perhaps a temporary mistake on the web site?

I wouldn't swear to it, but I recall the zone to the left of the picture of the NCX had a "2012/2013" like many of the other bikes. Where all of the information was the same except if you clicked the 2012, it showed the current price ($6,999) and if you clicked the 2013, it showed "TBD".

Again, I'm not 100% sure, but the NC700x is on the top of my list for my move up bike and I was watching it pretty closely.

In any event, it sounds like I should still be able to buy the machine, it might just be labelled a 2012.

Back