• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Air/Wind Deflectors

dlee6413

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed the Honda Fairing and/or Lower Wind Deflectors and if so are they worth $89 each? I'm trying to prepare for the cool morning commutes to work that will be here soon in Michigan. Any other suggestions/alternatives to these OEM products to keep the wind off the legs and feet are welcome. Thanks.

The dealer had already installed them when he sold me the bike, I will say I don't notice much air around my feet, however I don't have a comparison without them

I don't have them and when I ride with tennis shoes on I can feel the cool breeze in my feet. Will switch shoes and wear boots instead.

Procaliber.com has them available for about $70 each.

I do notice them directing rain away from my legs a little better than when without. They are not as efficient as if you have a full fairing compared to other bikes but I'm happy for getting them.

I recently put both on. I don't think the difference is worth the bucks. The uppers still allow wind to hit the outside of your leg (but does deflect from dead center knees and leg), and riding in the rain yesterday for 10 minutes (admittedly torrential rain), my feet got wet. I think the difference is minor at best and that money spent on riding gear is probably a better investment.

I recently put both on. I don't think the difference is worth the bucks. The uppers still allow wind to hit the outside of your leg (but does deflect from dead center knees and leg), and riding in the rain yesterday for 10 minutes (admittedly torrential rain), my feet got wet. I think the difference is minor at best and that money spent on riding gear is probably a better investment.

I've been in a torrential rain on both my GoldWing 1800 and BMW K75RTA (both with full farrings) and my boots got wet but since waterproof my feet did not get wet. I think that just deflecting some of the water coming up would make the lowers worthwhile. Did you take them off and/or do you still feel the lowers are worthless. I'm finding I ride the NC700X 10 to 1 over the GoldWing now days and just a little deflection around the feet would be nice as this morning It's 29 degrees so I'm taking the GL. Thanks

I have bought the wind deflectors but have not had the time to install them. I'm not really worried about my feet since I wear waterproof boots. I do like that it pushes the wind away from dead center of the knee.

I ahve two weeks off for Christmas and plan to install them then.

I have bought the wind deflectors but have not had the time to install them. I'm not really worried about my feet since I wear waterproof boots. I do like that it pushes the wind away from dead center of the knee.

I ahve two weeks off for Christmas and plan to install them then.

Let us know the results. I'm planning or riding to school on the NC every day next semester (my last) so if foot deflectors keep some of the dirt off the boots would be nice. I was looking and I believe the light bar I have may prevent my putting on the wind deflectors. I too have two weeks off but one week will be in Montana and Yellowstone Park so I'll just wait for your evaluation before I invest. Enjoy the time off.

I saw these on a Honda today. I wish I would have thought to look at the model. The brackets were attached to the radiator. I don't know if the owner spot welded a nut to the side of the radiator or if the radiator came that way. I thought they were cool though and they actually looked good on the bike.

20140418_153009.jpg

20140418_153017.jpg

Crap. We need something like that. They looked like they belonged on the bike. Not an eyes sore.

I remember that BeemerPhile made a set out of lexan. He had his usual pictorial about how to do it and where to attach mounts. I did a search before making this post, but couldn't find it.

The clear ones pictured in post #12 in this thread look very well done. The plastic is attached to adjustable pivots! wow!

First drop and I can see the brackets going straight through the rad. A couple hundred pounds of the rad isn't going to be good. :eek:

The saddlebags are pretty sticky-outy, though. My buddy with a Super Tenere can lay his bike on it's side, and the panniers (Trax aluminum) keep the bike so high up that they are the only things to touch the ground other than the footpegs!

I'm not at all convinced the bike in question here would do the same of course, but maybe between saddlebags, footpegs and bar ends, the rad might not have an instantaneous *kablooie* in a tip over lol.

Now having said that, would I have those on my rad without some big ol' engine crash bars? Nope! :eek: ;)

I primarily pointed these out because I liked the way they looked and the fact they were adjustable. I only mentioned how they were mounted. Its too bad we could get something like this but obviously mount to another location. These looked very professionally done.

Back