• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Honda side mount air deflector

ranger

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried these air deflectors? Supposed to keep wind off lower legs. Want to try them on my 2023.

Without a Honda accessory part number, I can’t be sure which kit you are asking about. I have the lower deflector kit 08R71-MGS-A30 on my 2012 (bought kit used from forum member). Frankly, they make so little difference I can’t tell they are even there.

Thanks for the replies. The kit is in the Honda accessories catalog online. Looking at it I think you are right it does not look very robust for sure.

I have a 22 NC obviously, but I also have a 21 Ural CT, my second Ural and I tried some of the Ural of the windblockers on the Ural, they are windbreakers ok but they cause a swirl similar to some windshields, and they will absolutely flood you in the rain. A 50 mile run on my Ural with the windblockers installed will soak you from waist down. Probably not going to try them on the NC

I have the upper and lower deflectors on Wiley (2012). They make a small amount of difference, both with water splash and air. A small amount.

Strat Tuner (member here who sold his bike and doesn't come around any more) made several iterations of various homemade air deflection systems, and posted about that stuff here on the forum. If you're at all interested in trying anything like that yourself, I recommend you search the forum for his posts on the topic.

Hi they were fitted to my bike when I got it and they don't work for me. Cannot remember which side but its held on by one bolt and sticky pads had to redo the sticky pads.

Thanks for the replies. The kit is in the Honda accessories catalog online. Looking at it I think you are right it does not look very robust for sure.
If you’re wanting leg wind protection I would recommend looking at riding overpants. Then you get protection from the wind and the slide!

I fitted the OEM deflectors to my '23.

I did this after noticing how dirty my boots got in the rain.

They do work from that point of view, boots still wet but not dirty.

Reactions: MZ5
Some time ago I noticed that Madstad was selling lower deflector kits for the NC700S (2012 and Up). I have no idea whether it would fit the NC750 but you might want to contact them for further information

Back