• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Holy cow that spring - aka I just installed the OEM center stand

I seem to recall using a cheap (Harbor Freight) pick/hook and some stout needlenose pliers to pull the spring into position with very minimal effort. There's plenty of tricks, but keep this in mind: Honda designed it this way on purpose. They intended you to find this slightly difficult but easy enough to figure out so that there would be something to talk about between fellow owners. From there, the dimensional doorway to modding is opened up because even the inexperienced get that sense of accomplishment that comes from doing something yourself. This is all just a gateway mod. If you think that the whole "you meet the nicest people on a Honda forum" is just a saying, you're wrong. They engineered this scenario. You are a cog in their machine. It just turns out that it's a pretty well engineered machine on several levels, so no big deal.

Enjoy and happy riding and tinkering!

Every time I install a centerstand, I look for the spring hook tool I bought after the last time I installed a centerstand. I can never find that tool, and I've bought at least three of them over the years. I think my garage eats those things.

Back