• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hmmm...Sporadic phfttt..phfttt. noise at freeway speed.

I head a weird, same kind of noise at 80+ in sixth gear or even 5th gear between 3500-5500 rpm. When i pull the clutch lever it stops, so im inclined to think its just the nature of the beast and its weird noises. It comes and goes. Vibrations go crazy too. 2014 ncx

I head a weird, same kind of noise at 80+ in sixth gear or even 5th gear between 3500-5500 rpm. When i pull the clutch lever it stops, so im inclined to think its just the nature of the beast and its weird noises. It comes and goes. Vibrations go crazy too. 2014 ncx

So, a kindred spirit maybe...
No vibration issue that I notice though...although I seldom hit 80 mph.
Also, mine is a DCT.

Thanks for the replies all
Mine was at the shop today to check for exhaust leaks and chain maintenance while they're at it.

I'll report back after.. it's really a minor niggle.

Last edited:
Well, got the bike back from my local dealer.

Tech said the chain needed to be tightened up, but noted no loose exhaust fasteners.

I noticed no unusual noises during the enjoyable ride home at speeds where I had noticed them before.

They had done some work on my other bikes recently....
No charge.

Case closed

Very nice motorcycle IMO

Cheers

Last edited:
oooo that evil chain!!! Minor adjustment at no charge...nice....

Yes, you were the one that suggested chain tension.
I'm not 100% sure that it was the culprit...
I'd like to add a couple hundred miles or so to be certain
There are other factors like ambient temp, wind direction...whatever, but the chain sure appears to have been the source.

either way, I'm over it

:eek:

Back