• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway Pegs for 1" Crash Bar

Sounds good. Do you have a link? The one in the post is a dud. I searched on that description and there are several choices. I was just wondering what you picked.

Thanks FredToo for fixing the link ... not sure what happened. I too liked the all black of these pegs because my bike is black/red and the SW Motech crash bars are black. I've read that sometimes the clamps do not tighten that well, but I plan to put some neoprene around the bars before the clamps go on and maybe that will help. These would be for occasional use on those longer stretches of straight road when my knees start to complain.

I ordered some too, to mount on Kappa crash bars. The black color was what I was looking fo,r as the chrome would look out of place on the NC. I was originally looking at the Rivco pegs with the Goldwing crashbar 1" mounts, but their whole assembly is just too heavy and way overpriced. Like you, I will only use these on long trips to have a way to stretch my legs for a few minutes. Thanks for posting about them, GregC.

So I tried mounting these today ... the so-called 1" brackets do not come close to fitting on my 1" crash bars. I measured the bars again to be sure and they are 1" diameter. RATS.

Amazon.com: 1" Kuryakyn Dually Highway Clamps Large Foot Pegs For TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 2300CC: Automotive

The part that clamps on the SW Motech crash bars is crap. It appears to be some sort of pot metal which quickly broke at the hinge point well before the clamp was tight. The other pieces of the foot pegs appear to be of sufficient quality but I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I re-engineer the clamp with the help of pieces and parts from ACE Hardware. My plan is to take a 'Ace 1in Pipe Repair Clamp', cut it in half, drill the bolt hole out to 1/2", paint the halves black and use the results to replace the above mentioned crap clamp above. More tomorrow???

We've been duped, my friends. It's the old deal where if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

The Amazon listing title from the seller specifically says these are Kuryakyn pegs, but what I received was a Chinese made knock off. The Kuryakyn site does not even show the model 7976 available in black, and when Kuryakyn does black, it's gloss black. Furthermore, instructions would come with a Kuryakyn product, and this item had none. The instructions (here: https://maggroup.blob.core.windows.net/kuryakyn/7976-22HD-0413.pdf) show additional spacers and lockwashers that would have been present had this been a genuine Kuryakyn product.

Long story short, the product was misrepresented and I reported it as such to Amazon and the seller. In a short time I got a prepaid return label to return the pegs.

Last edited:
Amazon is fast becoming a no-bid eBay. I am sending more stuff back these days than I am keeping. The last being some Golden Spectro oil that turned out to be the non Golden variety. They are "considering" my return.

Maybe your original parts purchased were switched in the air while enroute via "DRONE"!
I personally DO NOT purchase anything on or from Amazon!
Jeff Bezo is basically "MONEY HUNGRY"!

Yeah, these seemed a bit sketchy, no brand marks and don't have all the spacers/washers that the Kuryakyn instructions online indicate. But other than the bracket that attaches to the crash bars, the set looks and feels solid.

So I found that they will fit the smaller cross bar on the SW Motech and I'm going to mount them there. Quick trip to Lowe's and got some stainless lock washers and regular washers (as 670cc said this kit did not include those). All in I'm still at less that 50% of what Kuryakyn charges for the essentially the same kit ... if the clamp is the weak link, that too can be replaced and I'm still way under retail. If I had to rely on these pegs all the time I'd be concerned, but for my use as the occasional "leg stretch" position, they should be fine.

BTW, in measuring the clamps, the OD is 1" with the ID about 7/8, hence the problem. Maybe the 1.25" kit would work, but would probably be a bit too big for the 1" crash bars.

FWIW, I've used Amazon for years with excellent results. Never had a problem with returns - got immediate refunds. The difficulties come when buying direct from a seller (other than Amazon) for whom Amazon serves as simply the shipper. Returns and issues are then handled by the seller, not Amazon, and that's where the trouble comes. I usually try to buy things where Amazon is the seller, and then I've never had a problem.

Back