• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

high exhaust?

smithb9

Reaction score
Visit site
Been wondering if there is a way to route the NC exhaust up higher, similar to the AT or any other adventure bike, to minimize the chance of water getting in during water crossings.

Anyone else thought of this? I'm sure it's possible, but is it worth it, or even necessary, or am I overthinking?

I went through a water crossing deep enough to slide the back end down stream and fill up my boots with water as i desperately paddled the bike across at full steering lock. Didnt have an issue with anything getting in the exhaust, and wouldnt expect to go through anything deeper without dumping the bike, so I'm of the opinion that its placement is fine.

I've wondered about doing a high exhaust. Rally Raid is developing one for the CB500x that might could be modified for the NC. An issue is you would then have to have a custom luggage rack made if you use luggage.

Having said that I've not had a problem on deep crossings. As long as the engine is running it should keep the water out. If you stall it then yes water may travel back into the engine since the exhaust outlet of the forward leaning engine is about the same height at the exhaust outlet. The exhaust tip is actually fairly high at above boot level and right about bottom of knee level on me. While I have crossed with a small section over the front wheel I generally don't like it that deep because no matter what bike you are on a drop in that deep is an automatic drowned bike which is a pain.

This one got fairly deep and was long.
11130292_10206418078398600_6983010743980570401_n.jpg

This one got over the front tire right by the shore
16900934371_d7a4cfc6a9_o.jpg

Back