• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No-fade High Vis?

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
@GregC just posted about refreshing his high vus fabric on a Klim induction jacket. I have the same jacket and and itwas faded in months. I don't recall how long it took but it was quick( i posted on that on this forum years ago). I was wondering if anyone knows of a high vis mesh jacket that does not tend to fade quickly; even better if you know of one with a guarantee.

Last edited:
My Tourmaster mesh seemed to fade pretty quickly, while my buddy's Joe Rocket ( which he just gave me since he gave up riding) is still quite Hi Viz. However my Tourmaster was worn daily in the summer for a couple of years, while Im not sure how often the Rocket was worn. Its getting daily use now lol.

Funny, I have a Tourmaster Mesh that is still pretty hi-viz after 8 years or so of daily riding. The zipper pulls broke off though. My Joe Rocket gloves faded kind of fast but mostly they soaked up the dirt and got dark.

Just as commentary I went to a safety supply store and bought a 4XXL hi viz vest (for the most hi viz material I could get.... I'm a small or medium size in jackets) and using a pattern I made I cut out pieces that fit across the solid cloth panels on the upper torso in the front and a "T" that went across the shoulders and down the center of the back. I hand stitched them onto the grey/black Tourmaster Intake mesh jacket I was using at the time. The hi viz color was bright a couple of seasons. Eventually I bought another Intake jacket to replace that one and I repeated the cut and sew of hi viz panels.

I do wear a hi viz vest over my winter jacket and it will switch over to my leather when I wear that. Not much good over a mesh jacket though since it blocks the cooling holes in the mesh

2ClhTNqh.jpg

FYI the hi viz fabric paint seems to be working well on the Klim Induction. I don't know if it's the mesh combined with the known volatility of hi viz pigment and UV that makes it fade so fast. My Kilimanjaro jacket is still very hi viz after 5 years ... but it's not mesh.

Anyway .. this is the paint I'm using on the Klim: Jacquard Fabric Paint
I'll update when it's done

No hi-viz anything that I've ever encountered will tolerate the AZ summer sun for too long. There are UV-blocking products available that supposedly extend the life of fabrics, and their colors. I have used some. I wasn't terribly impressed, but didn't do side-by-side comparisons.

FYI the hi viz fabric paint seems to be working well on the Klim Induction. I don't know if it's the mesh combined with the known volatility of hi viz pigment and UV that makes it fade so fast. My Kilimanjaro jacket is still very hi viz after 5 years ... but it's not mesh.

Anyway .. this is the paint I'm using on the Klim: Jacquard Fabric Paint
I'll update when it's done
Using the fabric paint on my Klim Induction jacket could not have been easier. Excellent results. Used a small foam brush and could easily get along the edges without taping or other precaution. Dried pretty quick. Gave it a couple days and then ironed it.

Will post the after pic tomorrow - didn’t get a before pic , but the sleeves were basically very light yellow, not hi viz at all. Looks like new now.

Have almost the full jar left - did not take much. I may go back over it again just because it was so quick and easy.

Using the fabric paint on my Klim Induction jacket could not have been easier. Excellent results. Used a small foam brush and could easily get along the edges without taping or other precaution. Dried pretty quick. Gave it a couple days and then ironed it.

Will post the after pic tomorrow - didn’t get a before pic , but the sleeves were basically very light yellow, not hi viz at all. Looks like new now.

Have almost the full jar left - did not take much. I may go back over it again just because it was so quick and easy.
here's the "after" pic -- in person this looks brand new. Prior to this it was quite faded, especially the sleeves which were almost neutral (I guess they get more sun).
Klim.jpeg

Please provide the brand and colour of the fabric paint used, my old Tourmaster could benefit from a refresh .
this is the paint I'm using on the Klim: Jacquard Fabric Paint (fluorescent yellow).

These are the brushes (I just used the small one in the pack): Brushes

Edited to add: I free-handed the painting, and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. It really wasn't hard. this jacket is about 4 years old.

Further edit: I washed the jacket and let it dry a few days. then painted it using an ironing board as support. let it dry a few days. Then ironed the painted parts, with an iron on med hi (no steam!), and using a cotton cloth between the iron and the jacket to protect the iron (just in case). There was no paint on the cloth after ironing. The ironing helps "set" the fabric paint apparently. That's it.

Last edited:
Back