• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

HELP!! I Can't Get Back On My NCX!!

Josh H

Reaction score
Visit site
I need some help from you guys. Ever since I bought the CBR650F I've had a lot of trouble getting off of it and back on the NCX. I'm finding that when I ride my NCX I only dream about being on my CBR, but when on the CBR I don't think twice about the NCX. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my NC700X ('12, Manual) but it's getting very difficult to remember why. It seems the CBR650F has so many better qualities than the NCX like...
  • a smoother ride
  • a more powerful, much quicker ride
  • looks VERY sexy
  • feels like I look even more sexy on it
  • more comfortable in most situations
  • turns more heads
Even my wife prefers the rear seat of the CBR over the NCX!
Please tell me this is only the newness of the CBR that is pulling me away from the NCX and it will wear off soon. Tell me it's just a phase and I'll come running back when the new shine fades.
IMG_4586.jpg01f96a50709213e87f9ab4d75b25d3436e91a61c39.jpg

4f5e1a00957d.jpg

my transition from CBR TO NC went just fine. CBR is a great FUN bike. as been noted before by some other member-NC is just a regular commuter. CBR (IMO) was very provoking bike. every time i get on it- i ended up speeding, jumping between lines and cars, doing something crazy for mid forty's guy with a wife and kid. if you are first in line-every other car at traffic light for whatever reason trying to race you. have no idea why,cause CBR is super fast, no car can beat it . all members of my family insist that i should sell it. so i did. no regrets. i can't see myself going on CBR for 3-6 hours ride into some woods for camping. forget about across USA.

bottom line for me-NC keeps me in check :)

Last edited:
For me it would only take a few fill ups under 65mpg, and a few days of putting my stuff in a back pack and I'd be right back on my NC. I also love the low center of gravity, cruising around parking lots at 4mph like it aint no thang. If honda made a sport bike with a parallel twin leaned forward like ours and a equal sized frunk I would add it to my garage in a heartbeat, regardless of fuel economy. I would still however ride the NC during the week, save the sport bike for weekends.

Go ahead. Sell the NC. That's what you want to hear, right?

Yep sell the NC. Stop beating about the bush. These things happen. Folks even get divorces so its not just a bike thing. You are lightweight, just face up to it !

Ride what you love to ride. Not every bike is for every rider. It's all about enjoying the ride, there are no right or wrong choices when it comes to That.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I love reading the comments on why people love their bikes. That's sorta what this thread was meant to provoke. I will not be selling my NCX, I love it too much. It was basically my first bike and there is a strong attachment to your first bike. It does get better gas milage (although the CBR has been averaging 45-50mpg with a 4.5 gallon tank) and that's why I mostly commute on the NCX. The CBR was purchased and meant for weekend rides and that's how I intend to use it, it's just hard to get back on the NCX Monday mornings after having so much fun on the CBR on the weekend.

I'd either the farkle the NC out to make it even better for commuting, or sell it and commute on the CBR. Do you still have the stock suspension on the NC?

Thanks guys, I love reading the comments on why people love their bikes. That's sorta what this thread was meant to provoke. I will not be selling my NCX, I love it too much. It was basically my first bike and there is a strong attachment to your first bike. It does get better gas milage (although the CBR has been averaging 45-50mpg with a 4.5 gallon tank) and that's why I mostly commute on the NCX. The CBR was purchased and meant for weekend rides and that's how I intend to use it, it's just hard to get back on the NCX Monday mornings after having so much fun on the CBR on the weekend.
what a life.....I have zero debt and can retire today and live on my savings, but choose not to...one cheap bike and 10 yo used car...
You are living american dream! :)

Too funny, I have been debating on selling the NC to get a CBR650F or possibly selling my CBR600RR and getting the 650, maybe getting rid of the Grom and the NC, or.........

You like the 650 that much and the wife likes the back as well? Shoot, may have found the bike to get, then, as the girl does NOT like the back of the NC even with the Saddlemen seat (the one thing she does like) because she can't see over me and the right foot peg puts her foot to sleep. Been trying not to go BMW or FJR style bike and would like to stay somewhat sporty, looks like a great ride.

Wonder how nice having the 650 and 600 would be? :)

Mike

Go ahead. Sell the NC. That's what you want to hear, right?

I would have to agree there. Sounds like the original poster is asking us to talk him out of a decision he's already made.
It's a perfectly good one, but I can't talk him down from that ledge.

It makes absolutely no financial sense to have a "commuter" bike and a "weekend" bike - you'll never make up the difference in depreciation and insurance. So if you don't love the NC then sell it and ride the one you enjoy.

For me, I'm with VE258, the NC is a lot of fun, and I don't ride it like an idiot, I just really enjoy getting on and cruising and enjoying the ride.

I sorta understand...

I had ridden a Yamaha FZ6 for a few years. FZ6 was ideal in size, weight and maneuverability. Eventually I got tired of its screaming 600cc I-4 engine, which rev'ed at 7000 rpm when cruising on the highway.

Then I started touring, so I 'needed' a bigger bike, so I switched to a Yamaha FZ1. The 1000cc I-4 engine was quieter than the 600, as it rev'ed at 4500 rpm when cruising on the highway. FZ1 was great with power and smooth on the highway. But it was too (top) heavy and roared even when going slow in the city. And the fuel economy was terrible (44 mpg-us).

While keeping the FZ1, I bought a Vespa GTS. Wow! Its 300 cc single cylinder was so quiet and smooth. I never imagined a single cylinder would be smooth and free of vibration. And its engine under the seat made it run very quietly. While I loved the ride of the Vespa in the city, it was inadequate on the highway (for me).

Eventually, I decided to sell both bikes, and get something that was sorta in between ... a Honda NC750-S. And it was just that - in between the FZ1 and GTS, with 740 cc and 2 cylinders. For me, the NC750 was an excellent choice - it has proven to be a great bike. I have no regrets (but I do miss my previous bikes every once in a while). After two months with the Honda, I am still learning to get use to the thumping of a twin cylinder bike.

Conclusion: bikes of all kind are great but distinctive. There is no perfect (do all) bike - a bike can be great, but can never be perfect. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

Thank God for variety and choice.

Last edited:
It makes absolutely no financial sense to have a "commuter" bike and a "weekend" bike - you'll never make up the difference in depreciation and insurance. So if you don't love the NC then sell it and ride the one you enjoy.

It might make no sense financially, but it's fun to have more than one motorcycle. I have four and my wife has two (notice the line up in my avatar). Each has a style and a purpose. They all get ridden frequently. I love the variety.

Depreciation is a non issue if you buy used and get a good deal. Some bikes I have sold for more than what I paid for them. I bought a 2007 Ninja 250 for $1900, rode it three years and sold it for $2200. Also, once you add multiple bikes to an insurance policy, the additional bikes just cost a few dollars more.

You may not be able to justify it, but if you can afford both bikes, keep 'em!

Last edited:
My CBR600F4 has been in the shop since I bought the NC700X six weeks ago, and I had to opportunity to give the CBR a test ride last week after the stealership deemed it "fixed". My first though was "was the CBR always this low?" Then I pulled out, and my second thought was "Aaaaaaa... POWER! I forgot what that was." After a short ride through town I was stopped at a red light. When the light changed I stalled the CBR trying to pull away slowly, and my third thought was "Hey, that never happened on the NC700X!" :)

But, I have to admit, I really do miss my CBR. If I had to select between the two, I would have my CBR600F4. But, I'll have both soon (I hope.) Wonder how often I'll be running the NC?

SELL...

Back