• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets

I would go back to wearing a full face helmet if I could get the Momentum helmet in my size (XXL or thereabouts) in white. I love the idea of a microphone to pick up ambient sound, no need for a modular helmet. I wonder if anyone at Sena has thought to install a small speaker on the outside of the chin bar?
20s has a ambient button on it to hear outside of the helmet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's an interesting new helmet concept. It opens from the back instead of pushing your head in from the bottom.
Home | Vozz Helmets
List is over 800 but there are some on eBay for less than half. I'm almost curious enough to give them a shot.
00bc88fd095c9919599c08b8b085ee09.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here's an interesting new helmet concept. It opens from the back instead of pushing your head in from the bottom.
Home | Vozz Helmets
List is over 800 but there are some on eBay for less than half. I'm almost curious enough to give them a shot.

Well that’s the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while. Time to do some research.

I spot checked some online reviews which were mostly positive. I'm a little concerned about wind noise from the joint line between the two sections.

The guy selling them on eBay out of Canada has zero feedback as a seller which raises a red flag with me. I’m wondering how he came in possession of so many colors and sizes at such a low price.

Feedback from eBay vendor:
My questions:
I'm very interested in the Vozz helmets and know some others who are interested as well. You offer a good price but don't seem to have much of a Seller's record with eBay. We're wondering how you obtained these helmets. How can you offer them at half the list price? Are you an authorized distributor with by Vozz? Are they seconds or have flaws?
With your no return policy, you're asking us to take a chance so we'd like to know more about who you are and get some reassurance about the product.
Thanks, Garry

Vendor's response:

Thanks for your inquiry.

We are not a dealer and have no affiliations with Vozz.

Nor claim too.

We are liquidators.

We purchased a lot of brand new in box Vozz helmets.

They are shipped within 24hrs of purchase via UPS. A signature is required unless a emailed request is received canceling it.A tracking number is provided.

Yes we re new to eBay.
But...
So far only positive feedback. Which is how we d like it to stay.

If by chance you received a helmet with manufacturers Defects, we will replace it.

I hope I've addressed your concerns.

Please buy with confidence.

Dan

Btw the helmets are awesome.

Hmm ... I guess they would replace a defective helmet if they still had some stock. I doubt Vozz would do anything since they are not an authorized dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a chance based on the reviews on YouTube and ordered one in silver from dtf-70 on eBay. You'll read about it here when I get a chance to test it. It's coming from Canada so it might take a week or so.

I took a chance based on the reviews on YouTube and ordered one in silver from dtf-70 on eBay. You'll read about it here when I get a chance to test it. It's coming from Canada so it might take a week or so.

Thanks for bitting the bullet and ordering one. I’m looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First bit of news is there are no size large in silver so I settled for storm trooper white. Should be here next Tuesday March 13.

First bit of news is there are no size large in silver so I settled for storm trooper white. Should be here next Tuesday March 13.

Awesome, please report back once you've got some hands on experience with it

Very interesting!

I have a Bilt Evolution modular helmet. Has a flip down sun visor in it. I like it and it was only about $110. It is on the noisy side, though. So, I wear ear plugs for any ride over about 10 minutes. From what I’ve read, the more expensive helmets provide better wind noise protection and all around comfort, but crash protection is still about the same. Is this a rather general experience for everyone? Hopefully, no one has had to test their helmet on the pavement, but rather the general quality of helmets across the price spectrum.

. . . From what I’ve read, the more expensive helmets provide better wind noise protection and all around comfort, but crash protection is still about the same. Is this a rather general experience for everyone?

I’d have to agree, although I have no experience with expensive helmet, and I’ve never crash tested any helmet. Any helmet you buy should/would be DOT approved. Snell certified is another attribute you can look for, but it is pretty much full face only. Only a handful of modular helmets are Snell certified. At least in the HJC product line, the full face models are Snell certified, but not the ones with drop down sun visor. I don’t know if they can’t pass the test or they just weren’t submitted for testing.

One thing that annoys me about helmets: over the past 40 years, materials have improved. Look at automobiles. Hoses, belts, plastics, steel, brake material, etc. have vastly improved, making products last much longer and stretching service intervals. But then we have helmets, even the expensive ones. Helmet manufacturers are usually recommending helmet replacement at five years. Guess what, that’s the same replacement interval Bell recommended in the 1970s. I can’t believe we haven’t improved helmet materials since them. If I were paying $500 for a helmet, I’d want it comfortable and safe, but I’d also expect some advanced materials that would give it a longer service life.

Last edited:
Back