• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from SE Missouri

TonyKZ1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All, while I don't have a NC700X yet, I'm here basically to learn all I can about this bike.

I'm currently riding a red (formerly white) Ninja 250, 1989 model, and just went over 82k miles a few days ago. The Ninja 250 is my second bike, my first one was a '75 Kawasaki KZ400D (standard aircooled twin cylinder bike, basically a UJM) that I put almost 40k before buying the Ninja. I ride 300 miles a week on my commute plus occasionally weekend or day trips so I tend to rack up a lot of miles quickly on whatever I'm taking to work.

The reasons I'm looking to upgrade is that I would like a little more hp (is there ever enough hp, always wanting a little more??) - there's a couple hills out in the country where I live that are steep enough that I loose 10-15 mph while climbing, room - I'm 5'11" and 240 lbs - with an upgraded f & r suspension the Ninja handles my weight pretty good but a little more room would be nice for my legs. A little more electrical power output capacity as my little Ninja can't handle my heated grips & vest for long before my battery voltage starts dropping so I then have to alternate which one I have on inorder to keep the battery charging. I've got a datel voltmeter to monitor the voltage level which definitely helps.

Also I'm wanting a good sized fuel tank, at least as big if not bigger than my Ninja 250's 4.8 gallon tank. At the moment I'm able to go most all week on a tank of fuel, I normally fill-up about the 240-260 mile mark. Seems like a lot of the "next" bikes I've looked at have smaller fuel tanks and since most of them are getting less gas mileage than my Ninja (60-65mpg) so that decreases my range even more. With my KZ400's mpg and small tank, I was filling up every couple of days and I would just as soon not go back to that.

Along with all that since I do my own maintenance I want something that I can work on. At the moment, other than being 150lbs or so heavier than my current bike, and having a smaller fuel tank but with as good or better gas mileage, it looks like the NC700X meets most if not all my requests, so here I am.

It seems like this introduction turned into a short story instead of a quick intro, sorry about that, but anyhow just wanted to say hello.
Anthony Bailey

Hello from another rider in Missouri (there seems to be alot of us here :cool: )! I love my NCX (it's my very first bike) and it fits me perfectly. I am about the same height/weight as you as it runs well for me, even on big hills.

Rob

I moved up from a 2005 Ninja 250. I was worried about the lack of power on the NC700X that some reviews mentioned.After 3 weeks on the bike I can tell you that is not the case (unless you are looking to run at 100 mph+ then your looking at the wrong bike).The NC700X fuel tank is 3.7 gallons but at around 70 mpg you can go 200-250 miles between fill ups.

Back