• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Portlandia

kpa_pdx

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put my order in for an NC700X/ABS. So far my dealer doesn't have a delivery date and in fact can't yet order the bike from Honda. But I'm first on the list when they come in.

Hello there!
How do we address you?
I am Joe.

Welcome to the forum. And may I compliment you on your choice! Wait a minute, I chose the same thing 1 month back.
:D

Enjoy your time here.

Hi Joe,

I'm Kendall. I checked with the dealer again, and they were able to order the bike. However, they don't yet have a delivery date. He told me that when Honda provides a delivery date, they almost always deliver as promised. How are you liking your NCX so far?

Hi Joe,

I'm Kendall. ....... How are you liking your NCX so far?

Hi Kendall

I am enjoying the NCX very much but it has not been easy.

The rest of the biking world, where statistics are so darn important to them, keeps putting me down.
Some say I ride a 48PS bike and I did not enjoy the 101PS Crossrunner, it is almost an insult to them, who owns similarly powered motos.
I don't do Autobahns or tire burnouts.

What i can say is (I sound like a broken record, a Honda salesman):
1. The NCX has loads of usable torque
2. It accelerates sufficiently quick, any quicker you will be losing your license anyway
3. It is cheap, NCS is even cheaper.
4. It looks great and it is rumored to be totally built in Japan (first model)
5. It is light and very flickable.
6. Quality is great, really I am very picky about such stuff, so you can trust me.

What else matters? It is up to you.
;)
~Joe

Hi Kendall I'm sure that you will find the NC well worth the wait. I have done almost 4000 miles on mine in the short time that I have had it and I'm more than pleased with it. As I don't have a car licence I use it for a 76 mile round trip to work everyday and all my other transport needs except for leisure riding for which I have a 2011 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner

Update --

The local dealer is expecting a non-ABS NC700X to arrive in about two weeks (end of July). That might be the only one they get until September or maybe even October. The ABS/DCT version that I was hoping to get looks like it won't get to the dealer before summer is over.

I cancelled my order.

I went down to the BMW dealer and rode away on an F800GS. It's very similar to the NC in many respects, parallel twin with good low-end torque, low CG with tank under the seat, plenty of suspension travel for adventure riding, etc. It came with ABS and manual 6-speed transmission, heated grips, trip computer, and most importantly... I am back on two wheels and enjoying my summer. I paid a bit more, or course, and maintenance will also be more expensive. But it was within the ballpark and I was sick of having the delivery date pushed out and out and out. I might swap the Beemer for an NC in two or three years, depending on how happy I am with the bike over the long haul. Right now... I'm extremely happy with my choice. It's a very fun bike.

Last edited:
Update --

The local dealer is expecting a non-ABS NC700X to arrive in about two weeks (end of July). That might be the only one they get until September or maybe even October. The ABS/DCT version that I was hoping to get looks like it won't get to the dealer before summer is over.

I cancelled my order.

I went down to the BMW dealer and rode away on an F800GS. It's very similar to the NC in many respects, parallel twin with good low-end torque, low CG with tank under the seat, plenty of suspension travel for adventure riding, etc. It came with ABS and manual 6-speed transmission, heated grips, trip computer, and most importantly... I am back on two wheels and enjoying my summer. I paid a bit more, or course, and maintenance will also be more expensive. But it was within the ballpark and I was sick of having the delivery date pushed out and out and out. I might swap the Beemer for an NC in two or three years, depending on how happy I am with the bike over the long haul. Right now... I'm extremely happy with my choice. It's a very fun bike.

Hi Kendall
If I had secured a deal from the local BMW shop, I would have gotten the F800GS as well. They were simply too arrogant to accept my trade-in of my old but trusty Shadow 1100 ACE.

The F800GS is a better bike in many aspects, I must admit. It does cost about 30% more than the NCX. It can go offroad while the NCX pretends to have this ability (when I say this, maybe many will denounce me, but I mean real trail-riding).
I am HAPPY that you got your bike, and as you said correctly, it is the more important thing to get back on 2 wheels, rather than play hide-and-seek with the waiting game.

Good luck and Happy Riding!
:D

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat, hoping for my two wheels before summer is over. In the meantime, i'll find other ways to occupy my time. Curiously interested in hearing of your and other members experience/progress.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat, hoping for my two wheels before summer is over. In the meantime, i'll find other ways to occupy my time. Curiously interested in hearing of your and other members experience/progress.

If it is any consolation here in the UK we are still waiting for summer to start. We have just had the wettest May & June on record and July looks like being the same. Anyway I hope that you are soon enjoying your bike

Rocker66, I encountered rain and then hail on my ride home from the shop in late June. But now our wet Pacific Northwest summer has given way to beautiful warm and sunny weather. Just got back from a nice ride down to the store and will be back out this evening for some more "breaking-in" miles. I do worry a bit about bolts loosening and bearings getting flattened, as these are known quality problems, but I've been told there is a Zen aspect of motorcycle maintenance. Maybe I'll ride down to my local library.

Back