• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Portland, Oregon USA

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently riding a Kawi Versys, but have always wanted a new Honda. The nc700x may be perfect for my riding style and I am thinking of putting in a pre-order hold with a local dealer. Am on here to gather information from other current owners (overseas) that have them now as it is not possible to test ride (these won't be released to us here in North America for a few more months.) Forgive me ahead of time for asking a lot of questions. Most will be of interest to all potential buyers, so will be of great help to many. Thanks!

OK, I finally did it and paid to put myself on the pre-order list with my local dealer. The dealer cannot even place an order with Honda yet as corporate isn't yet taking those. But, when they do release them here in the US, I will be among the first NC owners in my area . . . :)

Here in the USA we get two versions. Regular base (6 speed) X version and then a version with DCT AND ABS (for $2000 more!) I went with the base version, although I would have preferred the version you get which also adds ABS. I don't really understand the decisions that Honda USA makes. They should have ABS as standard all over the world.

It is indeed odd that the CBS/ABS is an option combined with the DCT.
I ordered the nc700x here in the Netherlands and the CBS/ABS is standard here.
And to be honoust, i am very glad it is. The DCT is optional and costs 1200 euros.
I chose to go with the the standard gearbox and used the cash for some other extra's.

I'll be getting my (black) X next weekend so i'll be glad to share my experience.

I recon the wait is worth it tho. I did a testride before ordering and was extremely pleased with the result.
Hence i bought one.

Regards,
Colin

CvEsch - Congrats on the purchase of your new NC. I will look forward to reading your thoughts on the bike. It will be another 2-3 months of waiting for us here in the states.

CvEsch - Congrats on the purchase of your new NC. I will look forward to reading your thoughts on the bike. It will be another 2-3 months of waiting for us here in the states.

I just put a deposit on one in NJ. Definitely looking forward to hearing all about it on these forums and getting some feedback. It is going to be hard to wait until Mid-June!

Congrats on a good choice gents! I can only wish you the best during the long wait.
I will keep you updated as much as i can. I'll be getting my NC in a couple days (actually going to have a peek today and give it some love) so it wont be long till i can share some info with you all.

Congrats on a good choice gents! I can only wish you the best during the long wait.
I will keep you updated as much as i can. I'll be getting my NC in a couple days (actually going to have a peek today and give it some love) so it wont be long till i can share some info with you all.

Hi Colin
So have you gotten your bike already?
:D
Sorry coz I cannot remember from the UK site.

Last edited:
Hello Thomasec. Welcome aboard. I'm also in the pre-order waiting boat, but looking forward to some two wheeled adventures later this year, and learning/sharing with others of the 700 Club!

Back