• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello, from middle Tennessee

GunNut37086

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been 20 years since I last owned a bike and rode regularly (raising kids is expensive). So, when I left work early a few weeks ago with a wild hair up my a$$ to JUST go look at motorcycles, I never thought anything would come of it. The dealership was closing up about the time I saw a red 2014 NC700X marked down because it was a year old.

When I got home that night, I watched several dozen videos on YouTube and was surprised to find the NC had its own forum (I'd never heard of one before). I barely slept, because I knew what the next morning had in store for me.

I was the 1st customer in the door and John, the salesman from the day before, said "I told my wife that you'd be in here before my coffee cooled off this the morning." Well, he was right and $5268 on the sticker cinched the deal.

It's been such an awesome few weeks that I just now got off the bike long enough to make my first post on here.

Welcome! I just had my 600 mile service on my 2014 X and ride it more than my Harley right now. You'll enjoy it and the mileage is outstanding.

Welcome! I just had my 600 mile service on my 2014 X and ride it more than my Harley right now. You'll enjoy it and the mileage is outstanding.

I've read several mentions of a 600 mile service. Mind if I ask what's involved in that? Is that something the dealer does or can I do it myself? What's the cost?

The 600 mile service is nothing but an oil & filter change and a once-over of the bike looking for loose fittings. You and many of us do this and other services ourselves. The dealers generally get too much for Honda oil filters - about $10 or $15.00 - but during the warranty I wouldn't myself use one of the many aftermarket filters that fit. You can later but during warranty I use OEM parts. 4 quarts of a 10w30 or 10w40 motorcycle oil will run about $18 to $40 depending on type and brand. Auto parts stores with a large oil selection might have an oil that meets Honda's specification. The bike has a clutch that in immersed in engine oil so the oil used needs to meet a specification for use with a "wet" clutch. The bottle label needs to have JASO MA certification on it. MA in a square is the label marking.

Edit: Oh, welcome to this forum and to the greater motorcycling community!

Good riding out that way. Did the Natchez trace a few years ago with my buddy. Best part was cutting across the south side of Nashville on some great country roads. Couldn't tell you where I was...I just followed the leader.

My buddy lives in Smyrna.

Good riding out that way. Did the Natchez trace a few years ago with my buddy. Best part was cutting across the south side of Nashville on some great country roads. Couldn't tell you where I was...I just followed the leader.

My buddy lives in Smyrna.

Smyrna and La Vergne are practically the same town. If you're ever in these parts and need another rider, keep me in mind. :D

I belong to a lot of forums for everything from guns and reloading to flashlights and leather work. I can already tell that I'm gonna love this forum too.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas...I appreciate it. I look forward to learning a lot from y'all and just shootin' the $hi+.

I live in eastern TN but our daughter lives in Smyrna and get over there quite often on bike. Welcome

Back