• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Florida .... a few questions please.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there men, women, and all the ships at sea.

My name is Dave and I went ahead and joined this forum prior to buying an NC700x. I have been lurking a short while reading all I could find regarding this new Honda. I am a reentry rider that owned small displacement Japanese motorcycles in the early 1970s, had another small Honda for a short while in 1995, then bought a ST1300 Pan European in 2006. Since 2006 I have amassed about 150,000 miles on the Pan and a 1981 BMW R100 I bought a few months after the Pan. I sold the R100 to make room for a new motorcycle. The NCx is still not released here in the States but I have a deposit on the first manual transmission bike shipped to my dealer. The anticipated release date is 7/20/12 and I can't wait but I must.

I look forward to seeing this forum grow and hope I can share and contribute to the accumulated knowledge of many riders here.

Until I see my new bike I have a few questions. What viscosity oil does Honda recommend using in the engine and how long are the oil change intervals? What brand tires did your bike come equipped with and what does Honda recommend for front/rear tire pressures?

Dave

Hi there dduelin,
welcome to the forum! The anticipation must be killing you. To answer your questions: Oil is a 10W30, my bike came with Bridgestone BT023, aroad tyre. They also spec a Metzeler Roadtec, but we sill have to see one. Pressure 2.5 front and 2.9 bar rear (36 and 42 psi). First oil change at 1000km, there after 12000km intervals.
The European and English riders already have access to a lot of extra kit, genuine Honda items good but expensive. Some after market guys getting stuff out as well: screens, engine/crash bars, racks and boxes and huggers.
Hope this helps! Enjoy your new bike!
Regards from sunny South Africa

In Portugal the first to arrive have come with the Bridgstone's, the second "wave" with the Metzeler's and the new one's to arrive have Bridgstone's again like mine! I hope you enjoy your X like I enjoy my S.

Congrats also from a very similar soon-to-be-owner here in the Northwest. Make sure you post your impressions of the bike when you finally get it.

Hey Dave good to see you over here.
I see you are in N. Florida. So am I. I'm over here in Lake City and will be going over to see my old buddy Greg ( at HOJ ) on Saturday to pick up my new "X" model. I'll be in Jax all weekend surfing the web looking for a new "tidy tail" and hope to find something to replace the huge mudflap on the rear. Hope to bump into you soon.

Steve

I bought the first one of two that arrived yesterday at HOJ. They thought the other would sell before Saturday. I believe Purcell's got two as well. I don't know a Greg at HOJ but I don't know everyone there.

Hi Dave
Picked up my NC700x last night in South Florida, it came with Mezler Roadtec Z8 120/70 in the front and a 160/60 in the rear. Straight from the USA user manual 36 psi front, 42 psi back. SAE 10w-30. Oil changes straight out of the book again, first one at 600 all others at 8k intervals or once a year. For us Floridians it will most likely be the 8k. Here's my number if you want to talk. 954-681-6671

Jay

Mine came with Metzeler Z8s. I rode it 190 miles today with about 20 of that on unpaved dirt and sand roads. I did not plan on the off-road excursion but the guys I was riding with had these plans in mind. It's no off road bike but as long as the sand is not more than a few inches deep over hardpack it will do OK. A blast to ride and the first two mileage checks came in at 63 and 68 miles per gallon (US).

Hi guysAfter the first 1200km, the consumption for my NCX got better and better....perhaps also due to my familiarisation of the throttle response, riding style, etc. Have fun!

One of the things I "missed" is stopping the bike to top up fuel. At the range of 400km per fillup....i miss the petrol station.....NOT! :p

Back