• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heidenau K60 tires

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to replace my tires pretty quick and wondered if anyone is running Heidenau K60s? I know NorthwestRider is. Anyone else? What sort of mileage are you getting from them and are you happy with their performance on wet pavement? Are you running the K60s front and back or do you prefer something else on the front like a TKC80?

No idea. Everyone is going to ask what your riding ratio is (on vs off road) to get a tire that suits your needs.

But since you asked about the K60. I saw this review a few days ago: Heidenauk K60 Review

2.jpg

Tires that fit

Heidenau K60
Rear Tire - 150/70-17 Retail $194.00

Continental TKC80 Tires
Front Tire - 120/70-17 Retail $174.95 Vdr Part # 02000230000
Rear Tire - 150/70-17 Retail $253.95 Vdr Part # 02471420000

Kenda K784 Big Block
Rear Tire - 150/70-17 Retail $179.99 Vdr Part # 047841721B0

Shinko 705
Rear Tire - 150/70-17 Retail $124.95 WPS Part # 874536

If you are going to use a 40% On Road / 60 % Off Road Dirt Tire both front and rear then only the Continental TKC80 Tires fits without modifying the front fender. All of the listed tires work on the back.

Smileyreadingbook.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this thread Dan. I'm curious about the distance these can get also. I thought NWR said around 10k on his rear. That's not bad for this type of tire.

Rode today with a guy on an S10 with the k60s front and back. He loves them. K60 for the rear has moved up on my list. I haven't seen a front k60 that will fit the NC.

Running a k60 on mine. Got a little over 1000 miles on it. Haven't been able to test it off road, on road traction has been fine for me. My dad took the NC out a couple weeks ago and said he had the rear kick out on a turn, but stayed rubber down. He's a bit more aggressive than I am. Gas mileage has dropped 3-5 mpg, other than that my only problem is the squiggly knobby tire in traffic feeling.

Over on ADV rider most people seem to be getting 7K to 10K regularly on the scout. TKCs usually top out around 5K at least on the rear. Sometimes less. That has been my personal experience too with the TKC. Recently I bought TKCs for my NC, but haven't mounted them yet. If I were going RTW or something I would put the scout on the rear. I really trust the TKC to grip pavement though.

I think I am going to go with a K60 on the rear and a Avon Distanzia on the front. I don't need an offroad tire as aggressive as the TKC80 and the Distanzia is well reviewed.

I think I am going to go with a K60 on the rear and a Avon Distanzia on the front. I don't need an offroad tire as aggressive as the TKC80 and the Distanzia is well reviewed.

0.jpg

I think you did the right thing. Over all, better handleing.

SmileyTalkingHands.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back