• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heavy Rider and the NC700X

Sampson2112

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, I'm 6'2 and 275lbs and I'm really wanting to get this bike and use it to see the US, but I need to know if my size will lead to problems down the road. Are there any experienced large riders that can provide some feedback?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon.

I'm 6'5 and +300lbs and have no problems what so ever. Until now the bike has done 10.000 miles including a 2.500 miles trip around Europe with full luggage.
Just buy it :-D

Hi Jon.

I'm 6'5 and +300lbs and have no problems what so ever. Until now the bike has done 10.000 miles including a 2.500 miles trip around Europe with full luggage.
Just buy it :-D

Thank you, Sir! Exactly what I needed to know! I shall buy one!

I believe the load capacity for the bike is something like 450 lbs...

I've ridden on it with my wife and together we edge up to the high 350lb+ range...
plenty of comments on riding 2-up with the bike on the forums and elsewhere, general consensus seems to be the bike doesn't care so long as the passenger can sit still and lean with the driver.

Hey Guys, I'm 6'2 and 275lbs and I'm really wanting to get this bike and use it to see the US, but I need to know if my size will lead to problems down the road. Are there any experienced large riders that can provide some feedback?

Thanks,

Jon

Take a look through the forum and see how some of these bikes have been loaded down for long cross country trips. Everyone who has done that has had a lot more that 275lbs combined weight on their bike and report no problems. I gave a stranded motorist a ride to his house one day and he weighed 250+. I could barely tell he was on the bike except for the fact he did not understand the concept "lean into the corners". The bike picked up well and even handled the corners well despite his trying to make me wreck. You don't weigh that much more than me. I don't see your weight being an issue at all.

I just did a 3400 mile trip in July on mine and aside from the stock seat(it really does suck that bad) the bike was fantastic! I'm 200 lbs 6'1" and had all three Honda hard bags loaded as well as the frunk. She handled everything I dished out and more from twisty country two-lanes to highway runs for hours at a time to gravel roads. For the price this is a ridiculous value!

I have owned many many sportbikes, cruisers and even a few touring bikes(Goldwings and K1200LT)....The NC700X is just what I wanted. The only caveat being that going in you must accept that the engine, while torquey down low, isnt a powerhouse. Its adequate and entertaining without being outright fast.

The NC makes it's HP and torque in the low and midrange of it's RPM spread, which means that it will perform better than machines which may make better peak power but power in the high RPM range that many riders perferr not to use. I'll follow riders around on machines with bigger engines and they will be shifting in and out of corners when I just leave it in 6th gear. Not that it's faster, which it isn't, it's just more relaxed and easy to ride.

Art

6'2" 280 or so here. I've had it for about 6 months. 3,000 miles. No long trips 'cause the stock seat sucks. I really have to do something about that. Next tax return I'm getting a new seat, and doing something about at least the front suspension, hopefully the back as well. It should handle you fine. I've had 200 pounds on the back for a short haul and the bike was a little overwhelmed, but we got there.

I'm 270lbs and 6 feet and the bike handles it withou an issue. Like everyone else mentioned the seat however leaves a lot to be desired and that is something that I will address in the near future. I do get some numbness in my right hand while driving but that is probably do to my position. I will be looking into getting some risers for the handle bars.

But all in all, amazing bike and really fun to drive. Power is just right (not as much as my ninja 600!) but hey I wanted a bike to go for a drive and enjoy the scenery and have a good time without always being tempted into gunning like a maniac ;). Don't get me wrong the NC has a very nice power band as well for its purpose.

I'm 6'1", 270 lbs. No issues. In fact, the suspension seems well suited for my weight. So far, I'm loving this bike.

In short... Will my fat *** damage the suspension or tires over a 5000 mile journey?

You shouldn't have any problem unless you use it as a pack mule.
The standard NCX GVWR is 935 pounds, so with your 275# self and 474 pound bike you can add another 186 pounds of accessories, farkles and passengers before you exceed the limit. 2012 Honda NC700X DCT ABS Road Test | Rider Magazine

That's not so bad comparing it to the GL1800..
"The wing has, after its wet weight, about a 412 pound load limit" Goldwing Gross Vehicle Weight rating GVWR

On the wing you would be limited with a 136 pound passenger to stay within the limits.

My bike has gained a lot of weight since I bought it. Time to see how much I can carry without overloading it..

I'm 6'4" ~375lbs and it pulls me just fine. Ergo's are nice too, I'm not too confined but everything is easy to get to.

-Jesse

You may want to adjust the preload setting a little bit.
:p

That's what a mechanic suggested to me earlier this year. I said, "Or I could just lose some weight"....and we both had a good laugh.

Down 40kg (88 pounds) so far.

Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone! As far as the factory seat goes, what is the most comfortable replacement?

I'm 6'1 170lbs and...oh never mind......I do ride with my 5'10 150lb daughter and the bike has no problems with it. As for which seat is best, that depends on whom you ask. There are several threads on aftermarket and custom seats. I did the slope mod and added a layer of foam from an exercise mat with a relief channel which made it OK. One day I'll probably spring for a custom seat.

Back