• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Headlight: Osram bilux vs Philips Xtreme Vision

duk2n

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have replaced the stock headlight bulb (Osram bilux) by a Philips X-Treme Vision:

28102012791.jpg

To be as much objective as possible, I took a photo of the beam with the stock bulb and another with the new one

Osram:

28102012792-Osram.jpg

Philips:

28102012793-Philips1.jpg

As you can see the Philips focuses a little bit bellow than the Osram but, IMHO, but also has a little bit more intensity and it's more white.

I bought it at a local automotive store (Norauto, Norauto), cost about 20 US$. I believe they have no presence in the States, but I just tried it for your convenience and found it at eBay too:

H4 Philips x Treme Vision Moto Up to 100 More Light Scooter Motorbike | eBay

Thanks!!!

I have been doing a little bit of research and found this to be pretty good too... I really want brighter headlight, and I think I will try this...

OSRAM - Night Breaker Plus H4 (Pair) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Update:

I just rode the bike at night. I'm happy with the improvement specially in the "normal" light (I mean, not the high beam, not sure which is the english word). I can see road margins better than with the stock Osram light. Not too much improvement, but there is something

In the counterpart, the high beam is equal, more or less

To resume: the Osram stock bulb is going to the spare box

I am not saying don't do it, as I would also, but all you dudes and dudettes running hotter bulbs, be advised to pack a spare. The general trade-off for increased brightness in a given form factor is reduced life. Pack a spare bulb, a cotton glove, and a packaged alcohol swab. Honda made the bulb very friendly to access. Good on them for that. Clean the glass on the bulb with the alcohol wipe before installing. Handle it with a cotton glove just in case you were to touch the glass during installation.

You make it sound like they are going to go right out :p While they do have a shorter lifespan, I never feel the need to pack an extra bulb. I mean, your stock bulb could go out just as fast for any number of reasons, but I don't pack an extra for that.

I just popped in an Sylvania Silverstar Ultra in the NC and am happy with it's brighter, whiter light output! :cool:

I use these in the past...

They do burn out faster than normal bulbs... Some last longer than expected, some burn out real quick... I hope I got the good ones... :p

I use these in the past...

They do burn out faster than normal bulbs... Some last longer than expected, some burn out real quick... I hope I got the good ones... :p

Well, as they say, "hope in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one gets full first."

I have loaned parts to many people on the road over the years who subscribe to the "don't worry, be happy." philosophy of planning. I guess it works because I am humping their spares for them.

Back