• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Have a look at this if you think the NC700X is not agile enough...

Hi, I do not mean to knock any credits from this guy, but if given that it is HIS JOB (these guys usually are training 5 days a week, 8 hours a day on this course for PERFORMANCE reasons), I would not say "wow" too loudly. I have seen many precision drills (not just motorcycles) which can be perfected. It is just his JOB. Given a chase scenario, it does NOT mean this guy is better than the rest. Unless he can mesmerise the criminal with his moves while his colleagues arrest the criminal. :p

This kind of training and practice will make anyone a better rider in everyday, on the street riding. It why the motorcycle safety foundation does their training in parking lots rather than throwing new riders out on a main road to practice panic stops. Back a million years ago when I decided that I wanted to road race, I had to prove myself through a series of low (relative to race) speed maneuvers before I could set a wheel on the track. These guys are good all-around riders because of their abilities they practice to compete at these events.

This kind of training and practice will make anyone a better rider in everyday, on the street riding. It why the motorcycle safety foundation does their training in parking lots rather than throwing new riders out on a main road to practice panic stops. Back a million years ago when I decided that I wanted to road race, I had to prove myself through a series of low (relative to race) speed maneuvers before I could set a wheel on the track. These guys are good all-around riders because of their abilities they practice to compete at these events.

this exercise is pretty similar to the first part of the french driving licence exam. You need to pass that one first before beeing allowed to put your weels onto the road.
I failed twice before i managed to get it....

I agree. I'm a new rider, but I really find that practicing my tight turns and U turns in a quiet parking lot somehow helps my overall skill and confidence with my bike. I really learn to understand the low gears and the relationship between front and back breaking. To say this skill has no benefit when you ride fast is simply nonsense.

They must have lowered the bike, no way a jap could reach the ground on a NC!;)

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory

One difference, among many, between Americans and Europeans, another one being that, in Europe, you can't sue your preferred Mc Donald's restaurant if you find a hair on the slice of meat.

On the flight over to Japan for business, I read a book that described over 400 ways to accidentally insult a Japanese person by your words and actions. Something as sinister as whether you paused to admire the paper on a business card you were handed or which way you pointed your shoes when you took them off at the door. My take-away was that they should just lighten up a bit. Jap is offensive, but Brit or Yank is not? They are a very formal and courteous people when they are not bombing you on Sunday morning. My dad flew a B-24 in the Pacific. For him to call them that would have been an improvement.

To me neither Jap, Brit or Yank are offensive. LOL

But I must admit I got dissapointed when a lot of people locates Spain near to Mexico

Just a joke, I don't care

I was talking to two vintage bike enthuiast when one of them mentioned a JAP engine. a passing busybody turned around and started berating him for being racist and using offensive terms. It was decided not to try and explain to her that JAP was a type of V-Twin engine built by one J.A Prestwich long before the Japanese started to take motorcycles seriously and are now back in buissness
J A Prestwich Industries Ltd - JAP Motorcycles - JAP Engines

Nice vid! Do you think they've modified the steering to allow more lock? I love this one, too:

[video=youtube;4B9L5XkPr0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9L5XkPr0A[/video]

Riding is sport bike is just like riding any other type of bike, but much faster!
:)

Last edited:
Ok, so next time you come to Salou to drink sangria and burn your skin you better know where you are

I don't know where I am now. there's more bl**dy foreigners than there is English here.
often my wife would say to me are we in the right country??

I was thinking that on Thursday night when I went to watch Spurs play in a European game. Back in the 60s it was easy the ones speaking English were the home fans and those that I couldnlt understand were the visitors (or a person from liverpool that was lost :)) but Thursday I must have heard home fans speaking at least four different languages

Back