Has anybody installed the R-Gaza Crash Bars Engine Guards?

Jt105

Reaction score
I've just ordered mine a few days ago and have read installation information and watched one or two videos to be prepared, but was just wondering if anyone had some guidance or perhaps torque recommendations on the U-bracket fitment as I don't want to overdo it and potentially compromise the frame, but don't want to leave it too loose either so that it doesn't do its job if it has to one day.
Thanks.
I put the supplied rubber pieces in between the u-bolt and frame. Then tightend the u-bolt until the rubber was compressed but not enough for the metal flange on the bars to bend. Everything seems great. No rattles.

JT

Jt105

Reaction score
does anyone think the R Gaza bars would conflict with the honda light bar?
I don't have the light bar on my NC. You would need to take a good look at the pictures of both. Pay particular attention to the R-Gaza and how the horizontal bar mounts in the rear. I'd guess that might be a problem spot.

JT

Lewis

Reaction score
I've just ordered mine a few days ago and have read installation information and watched one or two videos to be prepared, but was just wondering if anyone had some guidance or perhaps torque recommendations on the U-bracket fitment as I don't want to overdo it and potentially compromise the frame, but don't want to leave it too loose either so that it doesn't do its job if it has to one day.
Thanks.
So, a month after ordering the bars, it finally left Russia, but 7 weeks later still no update or sight of it. Starting emailing them a few weeks ago and Denis acknowledged the shipping delays, and asked me to wait another week. A week later he sent me another set at his own cost via DHL to Amazon on the east coast who shipped it to me on the west coas via USPS on 6/21 and arrived today on 6/23. Looks really well packaged - foam wrapped - and includes a laminated installation sheet!!
I can't speak to the fit, look, safety, or installation yet, but can't say enough positive about Denis for stepping up to the plate and giving great customer service.

Jt105

Reaction score
So, a month after ordering the bars, it finally left Russia, but 7 weeks later still no update or sight of it. Starting emailing them a few weeks ago and Denis acknowledged the shipping delays, and asked me to wait another week. A week later he sent me another set at his own cost via DHL to Amazon on the east coast who shipped it to me on the west coas via USPS on 6/21 and arrived today on 6/23. Looks really well packaged - foam wrapped - and includes a laminated installation sheet!!
I can't speak to the fit, look, safety, or installation yet, but can't say enough positive about Denis for stepping up to the plate and giving great customer service.
When mine shipped, they went into the abyss for a number of weeks. Then they appeared on my front porch.

I’m glad I got them. I like how they look and they worked good too.

JT

Lewis

Reaction score
So, after waiting over 2 months for my bars to arrive which even today still say that they've left Russia on May 5th on 3 tracking websites and that's it, eBay seller marsh-deni sent me a replacement set via DHL to Amazon on the East Coast (1 week) and then Amazon delivered them to me 2 days later. After asking me to wait another week or so, and nothing changed, he simply offered me a new set at his cost through his new shipper. Denis was very responsive to emails and has changed his shipping to now use DHL only I believe. The bars appear to be very well made and look like they'll hold up well for what you can expect any manufacturer's crash bars to do versus what we shouldn't expect them to be able to do, i.e. save the bike in a high speed crash. I like the style of them, and installation on my 2020 NC750X DCT took an hour (going pretty slow also). After removing the lower cowling, I only had to remove 4 bolts on the right side to make room for removing the engine mount bolts, and none on the left side. Using some blue tape to hold the small spacers in place on the right side (tip from a YouTube installation video) made life a bit easier, and looping the U-bolts around the frame from under the bar versus from the top of the bar was easier as there was more room to get it in and rotated into position. I used all 3 pieces of rubber on each side (under the U-bolt, in front of the U-bolt and frame, and between the U-bolt mounting flange and frame. Engine mount bolts tightened to 44 foot pounds. The U-bolt threads are quite long and make the look somewhat unfinished (especially as they're chrome finished against a predominately black frame and other stuff in the area), so I'm going to look for some rubber end caps to go over the threads. Hope I never have to test them out, but hoping they do their job should it happen.

Jt105

Reaction score
So, after waiting over 2 months for my bars to arrive which even today still say that they've left Russia on May 5th on 3 tracking websites and that's it, eBay seller marsh-deni sent me a replacement set via DHL to Amazon on the East Coast (1 week) and then Amazon delivered them to me 2 days later. After asking me to wait another week or so, and nothing changed, he simply offered me a new set at his cost through his new shipper. Denis was very responsive to emails and has changed his shipping to now use DHL only I believe. The bars appear to be very well made and look like they'll hold up well for what you can expect any manufacturer's crash bars to do versus what we shouldn't expect them to be able to do, i.e. save the bike in a high speed crash. I like the style of them, and installation on my 2020 NC750X DCT took an hour (going pretty slow also). After removing the lower cowling, I only had to remove 4 bolts on the right side to make room for removing the engine mount bolts, and none on the left side. Using some blue tape to hold the small spacers in place on the right side (tip from a YouTube installation video) made life a bit easier, and looping the U-bolts around the frame from under the bar versus from the top of the bar was easier as there was more room to get it in and rotated into position. I used all 3 pieces of rubber on each side (under the U-bolt, in front of the U-bolt and frame, and between the U-bolt mounting flange and frame. Engine mount bolts tightened to 44 foot pounds. The U-bolt threads are quite long and make the look somewhat unfinished (especially as they're chrome finished against a predominately black frame and other stuff in the area), so I'm going to look for some rubber end caps to go over the threads. Hope I never have to test them out, but hoping they do their job should it happen.
I’m pleased with mine. I also tested them out and they worked great. A little flat black paint to fix the scuffs and they look good as new.

JT