• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question R-Gaza Touring Crash Bars?

Red

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. New member here, and new rider. Just getting started on my 2015 NC700XD. Being a brand new rider, I'm looking for some fairly aggressive protection for the bike as far as crash bars go, and was looking at the R-Gaza touring crash bars with both uppers and lowers. They stick out further than most basic lower engine crash bars, but they don't appear to stick out any further than the handlebars and look like they'd offer some good protection for the body, engine, and maybe even my legs to some extent if I go down and don't immediately get free from the bike. It's not that I plan to fall, but I'm the type to consider realistic possibilities and take precautions. Has anyone used the R-Gaza touring crash bars or heard any feedback about them? What about R-Gaza in general as far as quality? Thanks in advance! (Attaching product photos for reference.)

Attachments

• D4085782-10EA-428F-9C49-99CF4DAC0EE4.jpeg
    D4085782-10EA-428F-9C49-99CF4DAC0EE4.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 31
  • A04F5F86-440F-40C3-9513-93F9BC8C243D.jpeg
    A04F5F86-440F-40C3-9513-93F9BC8C243D.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 31
  • 4ABE5CF6-5820-4DDC-A184-E42B23BB1AEA.jpeg
    4ABE5CF6-5820-4DDC-A184-E42B23BB1AEA.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 31
1659028736197.png
I have the smaller R-Gaza model. Never tested yet... I saw someone on this site telling they offer good protection after an unintentional test (smaller model also). Quality is excellent. I don't know if they're still available now as they come from Russia.

Hi there. New member here, and new rider. Just getting started on my 2015 NC700XD. Being a brand new rider, I'm looking for some fairly aggressive protection for the bike as far as crash bars go, and was looking at the R-Gaza touring crash bars with both uppers and lowers. They stick out further than most basic lower engine crash bars, but they don't appear to stick out any further than the handlebars and look like they'd offer some good protection for the body, engine, and maybe even my legs to some extent if I go down and don't immediately get free from the bike. It's not that I plan to fall, but I'm the type to consider realistic possibilities and take precautions. Has anyone used the R-Gaza touring crash bars or heard any feedback about them? What about R-Gaza in general as far as quality? Thanks in advance! (Attaching product photos for reference.)
I have them on my bike and like them very much. Because of their design they lend them selves to installing Denali lights on them which I added to my bike. I have not dropped the bike and hope not to, but they appear very sturdy and well made.

Reactions: Red
First, with the sanctions against Russia where they ship from that could pose a problem. Second I did put them to the test. Left bar hit the tire of a Polaris Slingshot and that knocked it back about 2 inches and launched me over the handlebars - I had full leather on and that saved me from serious injury. Bike landed on the right -- however the front disk hit the pavement and bent slightly and right fork tube got ground down a bit.

In picture "04b_Tire Mark on frame" the tire hit the frame then hit the crash bar and knocked it back about 2 inches! Compare it to the picture above that DTMWAP posted. That was at an estimated speed of 25? mph.

Another good choice is: Inpreda Crash Bar Engine Guard Frame Protector ~$300 on Amazon

Attachments

• Inpreda Crash Bar Engine Guard Frame Protector $300 Amazon.jpg
    Inpreda Crash Bar Engine Guard Frame Protector $300 Amazon.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 51
  • R-Gaza After Crash.jpg
    R-Gaza After Crash.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 04b_Tire Mark on frame.jpg
    04b_Tire Mark on frame.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Red
Thank you guys for all the feedback. There's a set on Amazon that ships from here in the States; I'm checking to see if it fits my exact bike. If so I think I'll give it a try. To mrbios, I'm glad you were wearing something that protected you when you were thrown. I'll take that as a reminder to take my own clothing seriously as protection, not just the crash bars for the bike. If these turn out to not fit or aren't ideal, I'll check out a couple of the other ideas mentioned here. Thanks, guys!

Update: The seller confirmed the bars do fit my bike, so we ordered them and they'll be here this weekend. Think they're shipping from NC. Hopefully they do the trick.

Last edited:
Well they were a pain to install , especially the right lower side , but w Red's help we got them on and this afternoon I took it on Hwy 193 (Great road) to Georgetown, than Wentworth Springs RD ( great road ) to Ice House and back. Ended up about 170miles and even with balls of my feet on pegs and outsides of feet dragging in numerous corners the R Gaza never touched :)) , so I think it's plenty safe and robust for RED to learn with . Probably looked a little funny w the R Gaza Touring crash bars and the large Givi trunk charging thru corners , but went shopping at the end of the ride and 3 fully loaded grocery bags fit fine

Last edited:
Well they were a pain to install , especially the right lower side , but w Red's help we got them on and this afternoon I took it on Hwy 193 (Great road) to Georgetown, than Wentworth Springs RD ( great road ) to Ice House and back. Ended up about 170miles and even with balls of my feet on pegs and outsides of feet dragging in numerous corners the R Gaza never touched :)) , so I think it's plenty safe and robust for RED to learn with . Probably looked a little funny w the R Gaza Touring crash bars and the large Givi trunk charging thru corners , but went shopping at the end of the ride and 3 fully loaded grocery bags fit fine
Which flavor of bars did you install? The "Touring" in post #1 or the smaller in post #2?

I have the smaller ones on my bike and really like them.

Attachments

• NC700x.jpg
    NC700x.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 41
We installed the R-Gaza Touring Crash bars , for more protection of the bodywork . That's what Red wanted since she's just getting her learner's permit . I was concerned about them limiting cornering clearance , but that wasn't an issue , also kinda concerned about making maintenance harder , so changed oil and filters on the morning of installation, should've checked valve clearance but her bike only has 13K miles

I have both the upped and lowers, as you can see from my profile pic. I like them, and the more protection, the better. The only complaint I have is that the actual bolts that come with the kits are low quality and rust easy. Swap them out and it's great.

I have the lower bars only. They are great -- I never liked the look of crash bars, but had the opportunity to get them essentially free (just the cost of shipping), so I decided I would try them out. Less than a month after installing them, I slipped on cold pavement and low-sided. The bars saved my bike's plastics -- no damage except for a small scrape on the crash bar itself, a scraped up bar-end, and a scrape on the mirror. I'm sold now.

I just used re-used the engine mount bolts (i.e. did not use the bolts provided by the R-Gaza kit). There was enough thread length (rule of thumb is that you need at least 1.5x diameter of fastener of thread engagement), and generously applied blue loc-tite to be safe. For the U-bolts that hold it on to the frame, I applied some heat shrink tubing to prevent scratching and make them blend in better. Used an angle grinder with thin cutting disk to trim off the excess of u-bolts after installation, and everything looks very neat and tidy.

Back