• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gustufsson Windshield

JimTid

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a MRA Vario, Vstream on a palmer bracket and a Madstad 18 with winglets. The Madstad was the best of the three, but still not quite right for me. I'm 5'8" and have average body dimensions. I finally found a better windshield at Gustufssons Plastics St. Augustine FL. Their web site is Bikescreen.com

This is a father son operation that has been in business for 50 years. They will make it in any color and use high quality materials. The shield is 24 X 24 at its widest and tallest points. I liked the original version. They offered to add a flip at no extra charge and assured me they could bend it back if I did not like it. I like it even more with the flip.

It provides good wind and rain protection. I also get decent airflow for the hot weather riding. I have not experienced any buffeting. It mounts using the OEM attachment point and there is no gap between the shield and the fairing. I have no problem looking over the shield. These shields are made to order and the Gustufsson's could not have been any more accommodating. Cost is $329
IMG_5075.jpgIMG_5074.jpgIMG_5250.jpg

Does the mounting rely on the original Honda rubber well nuts, or does the new windshield come with new nut plates?

I searched their site for NC700X and NC750X and found nothing. Do you have a link to a page showing the wind screen for the NC?

The windshield does not come with mounting hardware. I used what was already on the bike including the oem nut plate. I added a rubber washer between the shield and the nut plate

The windshield does not come with mounting hardware. I used what was already on the bike including the oem nut plate. I added a rubber washer between the shield and the nut plate

My 2012 NC700X did not come with OEM nut plates, just expanding rubber well nuts which would not be sufficient to support a large screen. There were plenty of reports of Cal Sci screens coming loose with the well nuts only. I’d consider giving this screen a try, but it’s disappointing that a screen this expensive would not come with metal nut plates. I don’t think it will work safely.

My 2012 NC700X did not come with OEM nut plates, just expanding rubber well nuts which would not be sufficient to support a large screen. There were plenty of reports of Cal Sci screens coming loose with the well nuts only. I’d consider giving this screen a try, but it’s disappointing that a screen this expensive would not come with metal nut plates. I don’t think it will work safely.

There is a 2.5 inch aluminum dog leg shaped bracket with female threads that snaps into the back of the windshield mounting holes on the bike. I thought it was OEM. I bought the bike used with a MRA Vario on it. Having had three different shields makes me wonder if I have after market mounting hardware. They ship the shield with no holes. They do provide a drill bit so you can mount it how you want it. I've ridden more than 1000 miles with the Gus shield and have not had any issues with the way it is attached to the bike. I have high confidence that it is safe. I'll post up if I encounter any problems.

There is a 2.5 inch aluminum dog leg shaped bracket with female threads that snaps into the back of the windshield mounting holes on the bike. I thought it was OEM. I bought the bike used with a MRA Vario on it. Having had three different shields makes me wonder if I have after market mounting hardware. They ship the shield with no holes. They do provide a drill bit so you can mount it how you want it. I've ridden more than 1000 miles with the Gus shield and have not had any issues with the way it is attached to the bike. I have high confidence that it is safe. I'll post up if I encounter any problems.

Yep. Sounds like you got the benefit of metal mounting hardware from some prior windshield installation on your bike. Dale, A.K.A. HONDABIKEPRO, used to make and sell metal but plates. I guess that would be an option for those wanting this shield.

Wow. $330 for a molded piece of acrylic, not drilled, and no mounting hardware. Every time I think I can’t be shocked further by motorcycle part prices, I see something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why the aftermarket does not use Lexan (polycarbonate)? Only Honda and I think one other outfit use it.

Back