• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetinz! Newbee owner here!

rolling18

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I just had some of the greatest fun I could have (legally) on a motorcycle!
so I decided to buy it. IT is a brand new 2012 NC700X DCT. with less than 1/2 mile on the clock! I believe it is one of the first ones made as it's ser #000222

Although I have only been riding motorcycles about 6 years, I am happy to give up the shifting, It allows me to concentrate more on the actual riding and other hazards, scenery and Fun! I love being able to ride one handed~:)

Mine is the "satin white"? color.
I come from an old 03 BMW 650 CS single!
anyway look forward to becoming a contributing member after I learn all I can about this bike! and modify the hell out of it to my personal taste hehe.

some priority mods for me: I really liked the forward food pegs of the CTX700's I sat on so I want highway pegs/ engine guard.
LED fog lights, HID headlight, heated grips, bark busters, and taller wind screen, led tail/ turn signals, soft comfort seat, Cell /GPS mount. (all new or used)

Thank you for your time!
I hope to be of assistance to others too.
Marc

Last edited:
Welcome!!
Something doesn't sound right. The 2012s in the U.S. were only available in silver.

HEH i guess someone messed up somewhere mine IS 2012 and Definatly white. May I inquire as to the source of your information? maybe I will have some checking to do....
and thanks gentlemen:)

Last edited:
HEH i guess someone messed up somewhere mine IS 2012 and Definatly white. May I inquire as to the source of your information? maybe I will have some checking to do....
and thanks gentlemen:)

As far as I know, which ain't much, white has never been available for any of the NC models sold in the US since the bike was introduced. There is a paint code label under the rear seat attached to the very end of the right side frame.

My wife just got back from Portland. She said she saw a lot of people on NC's out there...
Honestly I'm not sure she could pick out the difference between an NC and any other bike with remotely similar styling. (Heck when they are driving past I can barely pick out the difference between an NC And a CB500x)

Also I'm fairly certain that the '12's only came in silver in the US... Maybe you got a Canadian import, or some one painted it (feel like there was a fair amount of plasti-dip going on when they first came out, to get around the "you can have it in any color you want so long as it's silver" idea that Honda was pushing)

Howdy from Texas. A few folks have painted their NC7 different colors. 670 has a great looking orange paint job. Or, being so close to Canada, the bike could have came from there.

Last edited:
Howdy from Texas. A few folks have painted their NC7 different colors. 670 has a great looking orange paint job. Or, being so close to Canada, the bike could have came from there.

Thanks for the kind words about my orange paint.

DCT is not available in Canada, so that idea is out. And like others said, up to the present, no white NC700X has ever been offered by Honda in the USA.

The satin white sounds like a Plasti-Dip or paint job to me. Someone on the forum during the Plasti-Dip craze did one in white with the glossifier. Anyway, I'll bet the white looks nice!

Last edited:
Yep, I think only a total of 3 different colors have been offered in the US- silver, red, and black. White was offered in some other countries, IE, Australia comes to mind, but I think they only got the S model (I could be wrong on that part).

Welcome strange white bike owner! :eek: ;)

Canucks only got Darkness Black Metallic manual transmission NCX's in 2012, and the US only got Silver, in both DCT and Manuals, so it's a curiousity alright!

It's not completely without precedent, that an individual Dealer has had a bike painted themselves, to either attract attention, or to maybe rectify a problem/defect in a bike's OEM paintwork, and that paint or part damaged, wasn't available yet at the time.

Edit: or, a person bought the bike, with a deal to have it painted a colour they wanted pre-sale, and then had some unfortunate turn of financial circumstance, and the Dealer retained the bike.

Last edited:
As far as I know, which ain't much, white has never been available for any of the NC models sold in the US since the bike was introduced. There is a paint code label under the rear seat attached to the very end of the right side frame.

VIN verified by insurance co. listed as 2012.
Paint code: NH-A30M (NHA30)
20150514_112448.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome strange white bike owner! :eek: ;)

Canucks only got Darkness Black Metallic manual transmission NCX's in 2012, and the US only got Silver, in both DCT and Manuals, so it's a curiousity alright!

It's not completely without precedent, that an individual Dealer has had a bike painted themselves, to either attract attention, or to maybe rectify a problem/defect in a bike's OEM paintwork, and that paint or part damaged, wasn't available yet at the time.

Edit: or, a person bought the bike, with a deal to have it painted a colour they wanted pre-sale, and then had some unfortunate turn of financial circumstance, and the Dealer retained the bike.

Those are GREAT possibilities, I'M curious as to what the honda dealer will say... the bike had less than 1/2 mile on it, is a 2012 sold to me 2 days ago! heh rides awesome, no problems and LOVE the white/satin pearl or whatever they call it. see ubove post for paint cone and vin info.

This is a fun little mystery game heh

Those are GREAT possibilities, I'M curious as to what the honda dealer will say... the bike had less than 1/2 mile on it, is a 2012 sold to me 2 days ago! heh rides awesome, no problems and LOVE the white/satin pearl or whatever they call it. see ubove post for paint cone and vin info.

This is a fun little mystery game heh

That Honda paint code (NH-A30M) is Digital Silver Metallic, and that was the only US 2012 NC700X color offered. Your bike has been repainted. If you look at the underside of any painted parts you might still see the silver overspray. The question is was it painted or plasti-dipped. I hope it was painted and clearcoated with automotive paint. If so, that would be awesome. But if it's plasti-dip, it can be peeled off.

GREAT to know info! espically the paint code. It is REAL paint, i know the whole plasti-dip trend and wouldn't use it on anything like a vehicle finish..
I saw no signs of overspray or silver paint when I lightly scratch in a hidden place.

so yea I guess it "JUST" a repaint for some reason.. maybe damaged plastics in shippin' who knows. but wonder why they would repaint it a different color..HMM the mind wonders:)

Back