• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

great start to new year..

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it has been a sad time this past couple of days.
my wife's father has passed away on new year eve.
we couldn't has ask for a such a nice father/inlaw.
passed away quietly in hospital. ,he wasn't in any pain just old age got the better of him.
he was 93...loved him very much as if he was my own dad and he was a friend to ,once a week we go for a couple of pints in our local pub.
happy times.
well that's of my chest!

It's tough loosing a family member. My mother pasted at the age of 66. I know the feeling. Really nothing that can be said besides I'm sorry for your loss. Seems he lived a long life and I'm sure he felt the same way about you.

So sorry for your loss, only hope I make it to 93 and can share a few pints with someone who cares. Condolences to both you and your wife, know the feeling, remember the good times.

thanks for the replies.
really I shouldn't have post this up. well its done now.
yes 93 is a good age but this pass couple of years where really getting tough for him.
he had a mild stroke so found it difficult and frustrating to talk .
also his mobility was getting him down.he used to ride his push bike for miles till he had a heart problem at around 86 so he had to pack it up.
he often said he shouldn't be here.every body was visiting him on mornings but no one visited him in the afternoon except my wife twice aweek.
so I guess he was feeling a bit lonely on afternoons and evenings.
if he was he never showed it ,never moaned.
while in hospital he didn't suffer with pains.
on the day he died he was very cheerfull and alert while sat in the chair talking to his son and 2 hours later he passed away while the nurse's were putting him to bed,
two deep breath's and he was gone.
I've got to be strong for my wife,I'm not too sad but sad just the same.
he was blessed with a caring family every body loved him me inc.
this was taken a couple of years ago........
xtbz.jpg

“May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand”

Back