• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Granmaws New Ride

V-lust

Reaction score
Visit site
As the title says Granmaw has a new ride!! Her mechanic had grown weary of maintaining her previous century beemer and had been dropping less than subtle hints for a couple of years that it was time to move on. He has been handing her the laptop with pictures of something more modern for some time now rarely getting the desired reaction. "I'm happy with my K75, it fits me" she would say. He prefers machines from the land of the rising sun and had encouraged her to try his Vstroms over the years with little success. He found an NC700X on Craigslist last week and sent her a pic which she showed to her room full of first graders. The little crumb grinders all agreed it looked cool and encouraged her to buy it so Saturday we loaded up and made the 150 mile trek to Brownwood with cashiers check in hand. She rode the bike around the neighborhood for maybe ten minutes and I knew even before she got her helmet off she was hooked! Yes she had "happy rider face":eek::eek: We knew the weather forecast and were glad we were hauling as it rained for at least 100 of the 150 mile trip home. It was a long day but as long as she only changes bikes every ten years or so I guess I can stand it.
Sunday afternoon we rode a 120 mile loop and she had to admit I was right (a rare occurrence) about changing bikes. Bike specific forums are a great resource for the curious and this one has been very helpful so far. Thanks for helping me find Granmaws new ride! This one has a little over 5K on the odometer, Puig shield, a tail tidy kit, a hugger, fenda extender, and those cool aluminum panels on the frunk. As an added bonus her helmet even matches:cool: I may have to take it out to play while she is in school today;)

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 126
Nothing is more fun than riding with the wife! All she needs now is a set of panniers and you will be on the road when school lets out.

Congrats to both of you. That's the color NCX my wife rides as well although she has the DCT due to being somewhat "shifting impaired". Hope you both enjoy many (more) safe and carefree miles.

Back