• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Government Shutdown

It's nice to hear that everyone's returning to work. However, politicians have not solved anything here. They merely just put a band aid on the issue until Jan - Feb. Come then, we will face this same issue again. I really dislike all politicians, all sides, because no matter what happens they still get paid their 172k a year. Politicians can say and do whatever they want, without recourse. We are powerless to really do anything against it, other than vote for a lesser of 2 evils. It is what it is. That's why I just stay out of it, no sense in getting upset over things that are out of your control.

Vote every election and try and stay engaged on the issues and get information on them from a variety of sources.

Yet another dog and pony show where all they really did was kick the can down the road. I'm glad folks are getting paid again, but truly something has to change.

$1,000,000,000,000 or $976,000,000,000 (if that makes you feel better) in the red...and that's better! than it has been? o m g...

$16,738,158,460,368 total deficit

How is what happened in Washington yesterday addressing this? Where's a drunken sailor when you need to stop spending what you don't have and can't pay back?

what puzzle me who exactly they owe the money to??
it seem to me every country owes money.
just take a look at the EU.

National debt is owed to the holders of government issued bonds.

So to whom we owe the national debt, is whomever is holding US bonds/Treasury bills (mostly banks, foreign governments, individuals, companies, pension funds, retirement funds, etc.)

It's very possible that if you have a 401k you are owed money by the federal government, and if they pay back to soon, you'd get screwed out of some of the interest (I don't even think paying off the national debt early is strictly legal)

Back