• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goodbye NC700

A little bit of pleasure's worth a whole lot of pain
If you learn this secret,
A longer and better life you'll live'

Get well soon, not riding really is painful!3.jpg

smileysmug.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your mishap but like others have said we are glad you are recovering and giving others food for thought.

I was enjoying a scenic ride thru southern Vermont a few weeks ago and came upon a blind corner which turned out to be much sharper than I anticipated. Once entering the corner I discover the road is covered with gravel and pea stones. Long story short, I go down, the bike is totaled, and I am recovering from a broken femur, broken wrist, broken collar bone, broken shoulder, three broken ribs and a collapsed lung. If I had not had on full gear and a full face helmet I would probably not have survived. The insurance company (Progressive) paid off the claim quickly and I hardly lost anything financially. Just wanted to remind everyone to wear all the gear all the time. Sorry if this is brief but it's slow typing with one finger. Stay safe all.

Sorry about your pain Jumbo, I hope you heal soon. What caused the leg and rib fractures? Was it caused by the bike itself or did you slide into an object before coming to rest like a tree or guardrail etc?

It's a good thing you remained conscious (helmet) or you would not have been able to shout for help. I keep my phone in a pouch on my belt but it could very easily be damaged in a crash. I need to rethink that.

ouch - I have had a simular off but did not break as many bones. Totaled a 8 month old 1980 Honda CB900C.

Hope you recover quickly - the pain must be crazy bad.

In my case - I got a new bike as soon as I could: (a 82 Honda XL500R dual purpose bike) as my rehab bike and got right back on. What you do is up to you but - lessons learned man. Wish you the best.

Jeff

So very sorry to hear this. I am glad you were ATGATT and still in one piece. Focus on healing and the rehab ahead of you. Having gone thru an accident myself, I know the road to full recovery can be long and painful. But I am sure you will get thru it alright. the tougher part would be, if you decide to ride again, to convince your loved ones to let you get back on the saddle.

I can only echo what the other fine folks have said Jumbo- sorry about your unfortunate circumstance! :(

Please accept best wishes for a speedy 100% recovery and a nice shiny new NCX to replace ol' faithful, eh?

Ugh... that's a dangerous and painful set of injuries. Thankfully someone came along who could hear you!

I often ride in rural areas with very little traffic and very little chance of being seen or heard if departing the roadway. As bad as your story is, I've heard of people languishing out of view and succumbing to injuries while going undiscovered for days or even weeks. When you're that banged up, it's hard to appreciate a perspective that ask you to consider yourself lucky because, "It could have been worse." But with injuries as nasty as those, I'm happy to hear your story told by you, rather than another.

Take your time and heal well!

Actually I was 10 mph under the speed limit, it was the inch thick gravel that made me lose traction. I ended up laying in a cornfield for 90 minutes before a passing bicyclist heard my cries for help.

ATGATT is a wonderful thing, but this bit here brings up a good point about going for a ride in very rural and very lightly traveled areas alone: tell somebody where you intend to go and when you intend to return. At least leave a note. General area is okay. Specific roads are even better. If something awful happens to you, make sure you've increased the chances that a) people are going to look for you and b) will have some idea where to look.

Motorcycle safety gear may save a rider from a crash, but its going to do very little against hypothermia.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and pretty nurses.

Sorry to hear of your accident, it sounds quite painful. Thanks for reminding us how important it is to always wear full gear. Hope you heal quickly and are able to ride again if you choose.

Sorry about your pain Jumbo, I hope you heal soon. What caused the leg and rib fractures? Was it caused by the bike itself or did you slide into an object before coming to rest like a tree or guardrail etc?

It's a good thing you remained conscious (helmet) or you would not have been able to shout for help. I keep my phone in a pouch on my belt but it could very easily be damaged in a crash. I need to rethink that.

I went over a culvert and the bike and I bounced several times and we struck each other at least twice before we both came to a stop in the cornfield.

Another wish for a speedy recovery, glad for that cyclist who didn't have his ipod blasting.

I think reading this pushed me to get a spot tracker.

Back