• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi NC700X Handguards

Got mine on order. I like the more OEM looks of them. Still waiting, I guess they had to be shipped from Italy to NC700shop. Praying I'll be able to make them work with Barkbuster's end weights as my OEM bar ends are long since gone. :| If not guess they'll be up for sale.

Givi HP1111 with Honda OEM touring screen

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418105626995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105626995.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 3,368
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418105641804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105641804.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 5,030
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418105685262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105685262.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 6,036
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418105715255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105715255.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 5,269
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418105738550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105738550.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,574
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418105755465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418105755465.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,290
I'm sorry but I do not understand you. I do not speak good english. please, write it differently

patsmith - _Tom_ definitely bought them overseas as Givi USA doesn't list or even say they are coming soon. But, even in Europe I get the feeling they are a recent addition to their lineup as I ordered mine from NC700Shop (which I believe is in France) and they don't even have them in stock yet. Hopefully they will be in by next week.

pismocycleguy - Yes, that is correct. I've been able to find some PDF's of the install instructions in Google Images and you remove the mirrors and there is a bracket that is held on by the mirror's nut. They connect to the bar ends using a longer bolt that comes with the kit that replaces the bolt that holds on the bar end weight.

scrumpymike - I agree, that looks like quite a gain in width at the bar ends. Even more than what you would get from a set of Barkbusters. That could definitely be a concern for lane-splitters. I suppose that spacer is either so that a universal plastic can be used on multiple bike models or maybe it acts as a shock absorber so that these serve some semblance of protection if the bike goes down or I guess it was designed that way maybe for both reasons. Regardless these are definitely more looks/wind deflection. Honestly, I wish I had seen the pics above before I ordered mine because I am not a fan of the look of those spacers. Unfortunately I had on the pic in the first post to go off of. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to be the "first kid on the block."

I wanted to like these. From some angles, they are the best looking hand guards out there... but the extended bar end length and the apparently excessive forward reach seems unacceptable. You could where Hulk gloves and still have room to grab levers behind these.

Dohhh, I ordered some before reading the slightly negative comments on the more recent posts! Actually I think I would still have ordered them anyway, as I do like the look of them and the fact that they retain the OE bar-end weights. Just hoping that they fit my DCT, though I can't see any reason why they shouldn't. Seems like the only place with stock until January is Italy, where they are made, so I ordered online from an Italian company I've bought Givi stuff from before. Hope to have them in time for Christmas - my present to myself for being good(-ish) in 2014!!

Hi.
Obviously most potential additions to your bike are going to have a negative point to them at some point. More pros than cons enable us to make a decision about buying those attachments.
For me, these Givi ones look the best of the ones i've seen. They look well made and there are two fixing points which you don't get on some guards.
It's not just the wind deflecting protection that i want them for. On a previous bike i had some and a cars' door mirror smacked into my hand guard as we were travelling in opposite directions. If it wasn't for the robustness of the guard i would have had a broken hand, a smashed up bike and both my partner and i might not have been around to tell the tale. As it were, we carried on with our holiday.
So this bit of kit will be essential as soon as i can get them.

There is only one thing i ask about them though. Do the guards restrict the turning circle?

Thanks

Back