• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Engine Guard QC problems,

jasonof2000

Reaction score
Visit site
After buying my bike I decided to get a set of engine guards. I considered GIVI to be a good brand and happily ordered a set of engine guards. The right hand side (throttle) fit on perfectly, and attached to the frame just under the Honda light bar that came with the bike. The left hand side wouldn't fit at all with the Honda light bar. I took the right side bar off and compared them and discovered something interesting.

Close up of the right hand guard.

Left hand guard.

I noticed this as I was taking the pictures.

I saw your thread after I bought them.
Their initial response back was that they've never heard of the Honda Light Bar, that the frame on the bike might be assymetrical and they want me to reinstall the bars and take pictures for them.

Last edited:
I saw your thread after I bought them.
Their initial response back was that they've never heard of the Honda Light Bar, that the frame on the bike might be assymetrical and they want me to reinstall the bars and take pictures for them.

Yep. I got the runaround and had to prove mine were bad. Yes, indeed, the frame probably is asymmetrical. Givi would have taken that into account when they designed and fitted them.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. SW-Motech also put out a batch of bad engine guards, too, so it's not just Givi/Kappa.

Last edited:
I think sw motech had a same problem with quality control. A few members experienced this with the sw motech engine guards.

Ken

I got a response back from Givi and I'm rather mad.

Jason,
I know it’s been awhile since you received a response, I have taken several TN1111 lot numbers apart for review and comparison. Every one of my TN1111 are the same as yours, I have contacted my corporate office for spec. information on these

I'm going to take off the left side of my light bar and install the Givi bar, I know it will look exactly like 670's and take more pictures.

670, I'm sending you a PM.

Back