• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi E251 Monokey Universal Plate

werdigo

Reaction score
Visit site
How does one mount this plate on the NC700X? I have Dale's rear rack and could probably figure out how to bolt this Givi thing to it, but would prefer to mount the Givi plate (and the 42L top box that is on its way) behind it.
I'm beginning to think I should return this thing and search for the bike-specific Givi mount.

EDIT: It looks as if I also need Givi 1111FZ Monorack Support Brackets (Givi 1111FZ Top Case Support Brackets Honda NC700X 2012-2015 - RevZilla). If I understand this correctly (unlikely!) my E251 plate mounts to this, and the 42L Outback top box to the E251 plate. Now I wonder how this plays with the Givi pannier mount (also on its way but not here yet).

EDIT2: All right, I'm pretty sure I need the 1111FZ brackets AND a top mount like the M5, M7, or M8. This mounting plate will be used instead of the Universal E251, which I'll return as soon as the 1111FZ and M8 arrive. Yikes.

Last edited:
All the confusion on sites for top boxes / bracket has kept me from ordering , I feel your pain. Good luck , hope you finally get a constructive response.

On my 2015 NC750XD I have the 1111FZ rack with a M5 plate, needed to distribute the maximum load of 22lbs through the subframe of the bike. My topcase is the V40. Its a rock solid combo well worth the extra money.

Sent by Motorola Moto G 4G

EDIT: It looks as if I also need Givi 1111FZ Monorack Support Brackets (Givi 1111FZ Top Case Support Brackets Honda NC700X 2012-2015 - RevZilla). If I understand this correctly (unlikely!) my E251 plate mounts to this, and the 42L Outback top box to the E251 plate. Now I wonder how this plays with the Givi pannier mount (also on its way but not here yet).

Which pannier mount did you order? I'm asking because I have the PLX1111 side mounting rack and also don't know what mounting hardware is compatible.

Thanks for your sympathy, guys! Often after posting I have a sense of "sender's regret," thinking "That was stupid, why did I say that?" But obviously I'm not alone in my confusion about these Givi products. Finally I just jumped in, relying in part on the major suppliers' excellent return policies.

Yesterday the 1111FZ top box support brackets arrived from RevZilla, and I installed them this morning. (Advice: Be more careful with your hardware than I was! My trouble was mainly with the rear-seat support rod. There are now a couple of hairpin clips and washers buried inside the bike somewhere (removing the front seat didn't reveal them, and a magnetic pickup tool didn't either), and there's a little spring somewhere in the side yard grass. I found a similar spring in my workshop and am using little cotter pins for the clips. I'm using Dale's rack with the fuel hole, so I shouldn't have to open it much anyway.) The brackets look great. I also ordered an aluminum M8A plate and it arrived this afternoon.

For the panniers, I ordered the Givi support that is specifically for the Outback bags. Motorcycle Superstore had to order them; I think the FedEx person tried to deliver it today but I didn't hear the doorbell. I think the product number was PL-1111CAM. I'm curious to see how it mounts, with the FZ top-box rack in place.

I also bit the bullet and ordered the cases themselves, from Motorstorm in Italy. For the two 37L black side cases and the black 42L top case, total (including shipping) was $937.50. My bank, or somebody, also charged a "foreign transaction fee" of about $28.

I am really curious to see how this all fits, and will keep you posted!

any update? Did you get your stuff from Motorstorm? I ordered a set of outback 37L and the rack plus a jacket from them. Since they had to get the jacket from somewhere else and they ship everything together, I am still waiting.
Thanks for your sympathy, guys! Often after posting I have a sense of "sender's regret," thinking "That was stupid, why did I say that?" But obviously I'm not alone in my confusion about these Givi products. Finally I just jumped in, relying in part on the major suppliers' excellent return policies.

Yesterday the 1111FZ top box support brackets arrived from RevZilla, and I installed them this morning. (Advice: Be more careful with your hardware than I was! My trouble was mainly with the rear-seat support rod. There are now a couple of hairpin clips and washers buried inside the bike somewhere (removing the front seat didn't reveal them, and a magnetic pickup tool didn't either), and there's a little spring somewhere in the side yard grass. I found a similar spring in my workshop and am using little cotter pins for the clips. I'm using Dale's rack with the fuel hole, so I shouldn't have to open it much anyway.) The brackets look great. I also ordered an aluminum M8A plate and it arrived this afternoon.

For the panniers, I ordered the Givi support that is specifically for the Outback bags. Motorcycle Superstore had to order them; I think the FedEx person tried to deliver it today but I didn't hear the doorbell. I think the product number was PL-1111CAM. I'm curious to see how it mounts, with the FZ top-box rack in place.

I also bit the bullet and ordered the cases themselves, from Motorstorm in Italy. For the two 37L black side cases and the black 42L top case, total (including shipping) was $937.50. My bank, or somebody, also charged a "foreign transaction fee" of about $28.

I am really curious to see how this all fits, and will keep you posted!

any update? Did you get your stuff from Motorstorm? I ordered a set of outback 37L and the rack plus a jacket from them. Since they had to get the jacket from somewhere else and they ship everything together, I am still waiting.

I hope you haven't been waiting long. I had good experiences with the 2 orders I've placed with them. I got the Kappa K33N side cases and have been very happy with them...no regrets for not getting the Givi cases. They arrived in about 7 days and nobody charged me a fee like werdigo mentioned.

I think I'll bite the bullet and call somebody to find out what parts I need to mount a top rack now.

nah its only been like 3-4 days. I know they have the Givi's in stock but not the jacket. I called before placing the order and they told me it will probably take about a week to get the jacket before they send out everything to me. So far they have been very responsive and helpful over the phone and email.

I know few people had problems getting some items since they don't have everything in stock and have to get it from places. I'll probably give them 10-12 days to get the jacket if not ill cancel the jacket and just get the outbacks.

nah its only been like 3-4 days. I know they have the Givi's in stock but not the jacket. I called before placing the order and they told me it will probably take about a week to get the jacket before they send out everything to me. So far they have been very responsive and helpful over the phone and email.

I know few people had problems getting some items since they don't have everything in stock and have to get it from places. I'll probably give them 10-12 days to get the jacket if not ill cancel the jacket and just get the outbacks.

I don't know about you, but considering how much cheaper they are compared to retailers over here, I can put up with the wait.

I have to agree with you. I just know few people had to wait for a long time from reading around. I will probably just ask them to send the goodies without the jacket if its going to take too long and pay for shipping again for the jacket once they get it.

Wanted to resurrect this thread to ask specifically if one can mount a Givi Monokey top case with the M5 or M7 (or universal monokey) top plate to the Honda OEM rear rack for the NC700x. I currently have a Monolock E30 case with the universal adapter mounted to the OEM rear rack on my 2015. Had to drill a couple new holes in the mounting plate to work with OEM rack, but that was no big deal. Was looking to go to a bit bigger top case, and perhaps upgrade to the Monokey line from the Monolock.

P1010340.JPG

My solution. Givi 1111F2 with selfmade alu-plate

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 459
Back