• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GIVI E21 side cases

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone who's mounted GIVI E21 / E22 side hard cases , do these boxes set far enough back so they won't interfere with mounting the bike ( hence, cracking your knee while swinging a leg over?). TIA

Search engine isn't my friend today....lol

I doubt if You will get a definitive answer to that. A lot will depend on your height or leg length or your method of mounting etc etc. Its not a question I have heard asked much if at all. From my own point of view I never had any issues with the E21's on my former NC700X.

I have Kappa K21s (which are the same as a Givi E21) that mount on SW-Motech racks to my NC700X. I currently have E22s on order from Italy. The side bags do not interfere at all with me getting on the bike. Top cases and items strapped to the rear rack/passenger seat are what interfere with swinging a leg over.

Quite true Griff.
Thank you 670cc. Switching to E22's?..... Kappa's didn't hold up well or just wanted a slightly larger box?. TIA

Quite true Griff.
Thank you 670cc. Switching to E22's?..... Kappa's didn't hold up well or just wanted a slightly larger box?. TIA
I was wrong. I actually just ordered the Kappa K22N, not the Givi. The Kappa is identical to the Givi in all ways except the logo and the price. Reason for swap is that I had painted the 21 lids to match a bike color that I no longer have. The 21s are no longer in production, thus ordering 22s.

I have the givi outback trekkers, and I DO have to be careful mounting up. I’ve smacked my right knee pretty well twice now. Not impossible to mount, just have to be aware they are there .
It doesn’t help that I only use them sometimes, and not constantly.

All good info thank you. Just thought I'd ask......I didn't "think" the smaller E22' s would be an issue, but had to inquire. I do not need a lot of extra storage ability, that's my reasoning on the E22's and their top loading. : )

All good info thank you. Just thought I'd ask......I didn't "think" the smaller E22' s would be an issue, but had to inquire. I do not need a lot of extra storage ability, that's my reasoning on the E22's and their top loading. : )
Top load is the most important feature for me. I have tried side loading suitcase style luggage and I dislike them.

I have monitored fuel economy with and without side cases on my NC. I experience about 5 mpg reduction in gas mileage, and shorter range even when narrow 21 or 22 liter side bags are installed. Some side bags stick out very far and I expect the gas mileage would suffer even more. Therefore I like the small size of the 21/22 liter bags for fuel economy, too. It’s not so much the price of fuel, but range is limited anyway by the small NC fuel tank, and I don’t want the range reduced more by wide side bags.

I carry a 1 gallon fuel bottle in my side case. Range problem solved.
I do carry extra fuel. I have 1.2 gallons of spare fuel on board. But it is nice not to have stop, and possibly stop your entire riding group, to pour more fuel in the tank.

670cc, good info. I've also considered a 35 - 40L top case......yep a small one per se. I'm not concerned with center of gravity being disturbed by a top case.....if that's even accurate. I figure a passenger on the pillion would be more of a detriment that a lightly loaded small plastic top case.....IMO. Ride on

670........your Kappa cases ever arrive?. If so, I presume the quality is still good?.
Also, if you have the info.......what side case rack attachment parts ( case supports ) are needed.....part # if you have it readily available . TIA

670........your Kappa cases ever arrive?. If so, I presume the quality is still good?.
Also, if you have the info.......what side case rack attachment parts ( case supports ) are needed.....part # if you have it readily available . TIA
Along with the Kappa K22N side cases, I had also ordered a cube shaped top box from Italy. Apparently the top box production is held up, so the whole order has not been shipped. I ordered these items primarily for a trip later this year, so I’m in no hurry. I have other cases I can use.

My side cases mount on SW-Motech Evo racks with Givi PL adapters. The removable SW-Motech side racks attach to the SW-Motech Alu-Rack that is bolted to the bike.

The other route you can go for mounting would be to buy the Givi hardware. I personally disliked the Givi hardware for several reasons but it should work for basic side case mounting.

Last edited:
I have the 22s. I’m 5’10 and have to definitely stretch just a little to get my leg over but I still really like the boxes. The issue isn’t the height, they’re almost flush with the rear seat. It’s just they stick out further so you have to make more of an effort to get the leg over.

Back