• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gaps in frunk + lid?

quitsmirking

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the plastics off my NC a few days ago, painted (pics coming soon) and reassembled today. The lid of my frunk has a weird gap right where the front of the seat meets it.

IMG_0940.jpg

I can push down on the gap and feel the plastic deform down onto where I think it should be touching the top of the frunk - any ideas about that?

Also - where the frunk closes - it has always has a small gap. Does anyone else have this? It closes and locks, just seems like it should snap down further.

IMG_0942.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 236
Did you disassemble the frunk lid? The upper shell piece of the frunk lid has places where it fit under tabs, etc. It's more than just screwed straight on. I had a gap on one side when I reassembled mine. It required a second try to get the pieces mated properly.

I also had this problem when I dissassemled the lid.. I just wanted to put a carbon vinyl on it. At the end, I assembled it but I still have this problem. By the way! I pushed the screw to much and it scrached the paint from the inner side and it can be seen from outside :(

FWIW- the top of my frunk mates up like in the photo. It doesn't leak so I don't worry. The part by the seat may need revisiting with 670cc's thoughts in mind.

I just went out and checked my 2013 DCT and found the FRONT edge is like your pic shows, but seals up OK. The rear edge by the seat is nice an flush with the mating plastics.
I suspect that if we try to make the front sit flush, by compressing the gasket down farther, it will place undue strain on the latching mechanism and may make it veru hard or even damaging to unlock it.
I'd be inclined to leave the front alone, but maybe try to readjust the hinge portion a bit.

Thanks guys. I'll remove the frunk lid and make sure it's snapped into place tonight before I screw it back on.

One other thing - could someone take a handful of pictures of the under-rear-seat/gas cap area so I can see how the little car-hood-style support bar works? I need to put it back on and can't remember exactly how it looked when I removed it.

Back