• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuse Size - Accessory Socket?

Hot Wing

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the correct size of the ACC fuse for the factory 12V socket?

I'm in the process of adding the electrics on my NC. The heated grips, GPS power, radar detector power, and a 12V socket.

I chose a 12V socket from eBay, around four dollars. It looks much like the factory socket. It is manufactured in black plastic and called water proof, or resistant. I have the factory accessory harness, relay and 7.5A fuse to run the heated grips and misc accessory. The 12V socket uses a secondary ACC fuse. I need the correct amperage for that fuse.

I cut off the Honda connectors from the harness, and replaced them with plastic connectors from a local electronics supply store. Radio Shack connectors similar to the ones I used. My Radio Shack had nowhere near the selection, nor physically smaller size connectors, I was looking for. All my connections are crimped and soldered.

When I added an accessory socket to the sub harness I didn't use a separate fuse. I figured the 7.5 amp fuse for the harness was good enough protection and I didn't have to worry about two fuse connections and a second fuse corroding or going bad. My accessory plug wiring was more than long enough to connect to the sub harness even after I cut off the fuse holder.
Having said that if you're more comfortable with a second fuse I would imagine a 5 amp fuse would work well.

Bob

Back