• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk open button Mod

I guess im a lucky one.the dealer had a blank key made for mine.it only opened the frunk and gas so they could leave that key in it and not have to worry about someone starting the bike.they gave me the key.

There are two key blanks that fit our bike. One blank has longer slots on the side of the shaft than the other. The long shaft works for both frunk/rear seat and ignition locks. The shorter key will only work in the frunk/rear seat lock. The ignition requires the key to be inserted further than the other lock and the short key doesn't have enough reach.

The moral of the story is that if you ever have a key cut for the ignition, make sure you use the longer blank. I think the key blank part numbers are listed in the thread I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.

Bob

There are two key blanks that fit our bike. One blank has longer slots on the side of the shaft than the other. The long shaft works for both frunk/rear seat and ignition locks. The shorter key will only work in the frunk/rear seat lock. The ignition requires the key to be inserted further than the other lock and the short key doesn't have enough reach.

The moral of the story is that if you ever have a key cut for the ignition, make sure you use the longer blank. I think the key blank part numbers are listed in the thread I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.

Bob

Cut the shorter version and put a knob on it and make it looks like it belongs there... :)

I don't care. I think this is cool and I just ordered it. At work I park in a garage that requires a badge to get in and out. I'm always stopping just outside and shutting the bike off to either take it out or put it away. I'm not going to keep track of another key.

Frank open button Mod

Bob

I thought the ignition key had to be chipped as a part of the H.I.S.S. doohickey, so merely having a regular blank key (of the proper length) made into a duplicate wouldn't start the bike.

We don't get the HISS system in the states. So no need to worry about a "chipped" key.

Thanks, that clears up that little mystery for me. I had seen this mentioned elsewhere before and was puzzled that nobody had had a problem with the HISS.

Having said that, your obvious concerns for my security have made me realize that I could forget and leave the key in the lock so I destroyed it. Of course I then realized that I might some day also forget to remove the ignition key, so I destroyed that also. Then I got to thinking about my house keys....... Gee, thanks to a simple mod that sounded like such a good idea initially I'm now homeless and without transportation.

in that case better lock yourself in a straight jacket and put in a box in case you harm yourself coz ya grey matter is getting dolally and the possibility of getting lost if let loose!!:p

as matter of leaving the key on the bike I've done that . luckily it was still there when we got back about 3 hrs later!

The glove box on my FJR only opens with ignition on. I keep my wallet and garage door opener in it. Wish the NC opened the same, esp coming home late at night.

Hello, I am Olcay from Turkey.

Sorry my bad English

I did this system, home made :)

cost in Turkey 10$

I took pictures and videos.

I will publish tomorrow or later.

see you later.

Hello Olcay, welcome to the forum.

You should introduce yourself in the new members section. Tell us a little about you and your NC.

Hello Olcay, welcome to the forum.

You should introduce yourself in the new members section. Tell us a little about you and your NC.

I think he just did. Looking forward to you sharing what you created.

Hello, I am Olcay from Turkey.

Sorry my bad English

I did this system, home made :)

cost in Turkey 10$

I took pictures and videos.

I will publish tomorrow or later.

see you later.

Welcome Olcay! :D

If you have any trouble posting or attaching pictures at first, don't worry about it. One of the automatic Site features to combat potential spammers, is to require a certain amount of time registered and/or number of posts made, before you can post pictures. Don't lose faith or think you are doing anything wrong, just keep at it and say hello or give a few more replies. We'd all love to hear about how you did it and see nice pictures. :)

Having said that, your obvious concerns for my security have made me realize that I could forget and leave the key in the lock so I destroyed it. Of course I then realized that I might some day also forget to remove the ignition key, so I destroyed that also. Then I got to thinking about my house keys....... Gee, thanks to a simple mod that sounded like such a good idea initially I'm now homeless and without transportation.

in that case better lock yourself in a straight jacket and put in a box in case you harm yourself coz ya grey matter is getting dolally and the possibility of getting lost if let loose!!:p

as matter of leaving the key on the bike I've done that . luckily it was still there when we got back about 3 hrs later!

I've left my keys in the ignition more often than I like to admit or can count to (at least twice). Bike and keys were still there. Regular non biker people don't mess with bikes. They think we are all hard core outlaw biker gang members and will castrate their houseplants if they mess with our bikes, and actual hard core 1%-ers just don't mess with other people's bikes.

Back