• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front wheel shimmy?

most bike have this issue. I think less common that they don't. it's mostly the design of the tire and is effected by the bikes inability to dampen it out. the contact pattern has a center. one inch left and right of the center of the tire is a smaller circumference. this circumference is trying turn faster than the center of the tire. the wheel as unit is gyro and wants to only go straight. all this this and a steering angle and shazam. that is why you see strange wear patterns. air pressure monitoring helps but it is what it is. I too put the tapered baring's in my wing and it did help. different tires do different things. the same tires different things. just keep your dampers on the handle bars.

I increased the front tire pressure to 35 psi. The wobble is still there, but greatly reduced and self correcting rather than progressing to worse.

I also use Ride-on in my tires. I have not experienced any front wheel shimmy. I can ride one handed very easily, as my NC is very stable. I even test the no hands during deceleration yesterday and it's steady for the second or two that I felt OK with having my hands off the bars. I've put thousands of miles on my last set of tires with Ride-on installed and put it in my current set of PR3's. I changed my tires myself and it wasn't anywhere near as messy as people make it out to be. Only my rear rim had a small amount of the stuff on it that I was able to wipe of with a paper towel. Front was a totally clean dismount.

After I installed my PR3's with Ride-On. I decided to do a no hands test. No wobble at all, and no more wheel weights for my bikes anymore.

I don't mind getting my hands a little dirty, since electrical and mechanical maintenance is what I do for a living. I can only hope the PR3's last at least 15,000 miles now.
If they do, I will probably use these every time for my NC.

If you have a shimmy all the time it's probably a tire/rim issue however, if your front wheel and forks aren't properly aligned that can also cause the front end to do strange things when you hit bumps.
This video explains how to fix the alignment issue. I suggest watching their other videos on suspension setup as well.
Performance Upgrades- Proper Front Wheel Installation - YouTube

Back