• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Fork Travel And Light Bar

hojo

Reaction score
Visit site
2014 700XD says it has 5.4 inches of front fork travel. I wonder how this can be since the distance from the bottom of the beak and the top of the fender is basically 6 inches. Ok, I know, that still give 0.6 inches of a gap, but I also just put on the Hepco Becker engine guard and the distance from the top of the fender and the bottom of the engine guard is roughly 5 inches and I don't see any scratches on the fender.

I have a light bar that I took off from another bike that I sold and would really like to install it just under the beak, but being about 2 inches tall and mounting it on the engine guards, means that it will be 3 inches lower than the front beak. I'm guessing the light bar will thus, hit the front fender. Thoughts? I could mount it just above the beak which would just be lower than the headlamp, but it would stick out like a sore thumb and I'm trying to avoid that.

2014 700XD says it has 5.4 inches of front fork travel. I wonder how this can be since the distance from the bottom of the beak and the top of the fender is basically 6 inches. Ok, I know, that still give 0.6 inches of a gap, but I also just put on the Hepco Becker engine guard and the distance from the top of the fender and the bottom of the engine guard is roughly 5 inches and I don't see any scratches on the fender.

I have a light bar that I took off from another bike that I sold and would really like to install it just under the beak, but being about 2 inches tall and mounting it on the engine guards, means that it will be 3 inches lower than the front beak. I'm guessing the light bar will thus, hit the front fender. Thoughts? I could mount it just above the beak which would just be lower than the headlamp, but it would stick out like a sore thumb and I'm trying to avoid that.

MAy not be the answer you request but the Honda Light Bar by itself will not hit the fender. Now if you install a emergency light under the bar it will hit...found out the hard way.

I know my light bar makes contact with the tops of the fork guards under heavy compression on the forks but only at close to full lock left and right. As gboswellsac state, its my feeling if you go much lower than what Honda has it OEM light bar you will have issues. I have attached a head on photo of my light bar to give you an idea how low you can take it.

Attachments

• 20131217_104245.jpg
    20131217_104245.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 273
My Friend's lights ;)

10322700_10203905282623578_8810102646127428542_n.j  pg

And others

[video=youtube;v1-GzCZU5MQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1-GzCZU5MQ[/video]

Back